Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

penguin

Why Am I In A Better Mood?

So DH noticed that I've been in a better mood since I've been gluten-free for two weeks. I noticed the better mood almost immediately, and the fog has cleared significantly.

However, the day after I started the gluten-free thing, I had to travel to go see my grandfather who is in the hospital and not doing well and I was gone for 5 days. Anyway, I left on a Friday and fully intended to come back Sunday. Needless to say, things took a turn and I stayed 2 extra days. :(

I was supposed to start a new pack of BC pills that sunday, but I left them at home and couldn't get a refill since it was too early to refill and insurance wouldn't cover it. So I'm not on the pill this month.

What DH and I are trying to figure out is if the mood change is due to being off the pill or being off gluten...

Thing is, I don't remember being in a better mood when I wasn't off the pill, but that was a long time ago, I've been on the pill almost consistently for 7 years, and anytime I was off the pill it seemed like I was more prone to flying off the handle.

Anyone else deal with this? :huh:

well, i cant really answer as i went off the pill the same time as going off gluten, but i know that being gluten free has made me feel 100% better overall. i have gone on and off the pill for years and never noticed much difference in myself , but i know many people do. The change sounds like it happened very quickly for you though which leads me to think it is ur diet rather than the pills...i would think u still have some effect from the hormones until ur next period- but that is not a scientific answer :) Regardless, relax and enjoy the positive effects!!!

Hi ChelSe,

I have read many, many posts here on this message board from women (including myself), who are totally different people gluten-free than they were when they were consuming gluten. When I get glutened, I turn into an angry, fly-off-the-handle-at-the-drop-of-a-hat person that I don't like very much!!! I become extremely quick tempered and generally sullen. It is actually an indicator for some of us that gluten has indeed slipped into our systems. If I were a betting girl, I would be placing my money on the gluten, not the pill....... Either way, don't worry, enjoy it!

Hugs.

Karen

MY husband and I noticed that my temper almost disappeared about two weeks of being gluten-free. I always had a terrible temper and now it has improved about 95%. I don't know about the bc pills as my memory doesn't go back that far :lol: .

So DH noticed that I've been in a better mood since I've been gluten-free for two weeks. I noticed the better mood almost immediately, and the fog has cleared significantly.

However, the day after I started the gluten-free thing, I had to travel to go see my grandfather who is in the hospital and not doing well and I was gone for 5 days. Anyway, I left on a Friday and fully intended to come back Sunday. Needless to say, things took a turn and I stayed 2 extra days. :(

I was supposed to start a new pack of BC pills that sunday, but I left them at home and couldn't get a refill since it was too early to refill and insurance wouldn't cover it. So I'm not on the pill this month.

What DH and I are trying to figure out is if the mood change is due to being off the pill or being off gluten...

Thing is, I don't remember being in a better mood when I wasn't off the pill, but that was a long time ago, I've been on the pill almost consistently for 7 years, and anytime I was off the pill it seemed like I was more prone to flying off the handle.

Anyone else deal with this? :huh:

My bet would be on the gluten. My family has noticed a positive effect on our moods and thinking processes since gluten-free. Depression and irritability are one of the first signs we have had an 'accidental' injestion.

Guest cassidy

I guess you will know for sure if you go back on the pill next month and your good mood goes away, but I would think it is the gluten.

I used to take xanax for anxiety a couple times a week. Now, I notice I only have anxiety when I'm glutened. I feel shaky and irritable and have no patience, but now that I'm gluten-free, I don't feel that way and don't need the xanax at all.