Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VydorScope

Clan Thompson And Fruity / Cocoa Pebbles

This is just FYI, figure I would share the reply they sent me...

Hi,

The Mini-List that you received is a sample column we sent local celiac groups around the country to see if they’d like to carry the column in their local newsletters. The information in the Clan Thompson Mini-List was taken from the most recent unpublished research we had. That being said…

One of our researchers called Post on February 6 and was told that Post Fruity Pebbles and Cocoa Pebbles were no longer gluten free which is why they appeared on the Mini-List that way. I called the manufacturer today and they acknowledged that we were given incorrect information during our earlier call. Kraft's policy is that consumers should read the label for the most up to date information about ingredients. However, the woman I talked to reviewed the ingredients of both cereals with me and stated that both cereals ARE GLUTEN FREE. The natural flavors in the Fruity Pebbles are derived from different citrus flavors. The manufacturers of the natural flavors used in Cocoa Pebbles won't reveal what they are, but they did tell Kraft they are not derived from gluten sources.

We verify information directly with each manufacturer and never depend on word of mouth. However, as you know, sometimes manufacturers do give out incorrect information. In addition, ingredients can change and information can become outdated. We maintain a Gluten Alert page on our website where we post changes as they become known. I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Best wishes,

Lani K. Thompson

www.clanthompson.com

:)