Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SuzieQ

Colon Pain And Tenderness?

I am waiting on my biopsy results, and while I wait I have a question. When I last saw my doctor, he noted tenderness of my colon on the left and right sides upon palpitation, but no tenderness in my small intestine. Anyone else tender in the colon area?

Thanks

Yes, I had colon pain every day for about two years before I figured out I had celiac disease. I took an antacid twice a day that whole time and some days it works and some it didn't. Then I come to find out that the antacid I was on was not gluten free. I went off antacids, went gluten free and after a couple of months the colon pain was absolutely gone. I would, however, suggest a colonoscopy to determine if your colon is healthy. A lot of colon cancer is basically longstanding untreated celiac disease. Also, other than bloating I did not notice any problems in my small intestines, either.

fritzicurls

Yes, I had colon pain every day for about two years before I figured out I had celiac disease. I took an antacid twice a day that whole time and some days it works and some it didn't. Then I come to find out that the antacid I was on was not gluten free. I went off antacids, went gluten free and after a couple of months the colon pain was absolutely gone. I would, however, suggest a colonoscopy to determine if your colon is healthy. A lot of colon cancer is basically longstanding untreated celiac disease. Also, other than bloating I did not notice any problems in my small intestines, either.

fritzicurls

Thank you fritzicurls! I was starting to think I was the only one! :D He didn't recommend a colonoscopy, but he gave me a card I have to smear three stool samples on and mail in. Oh what great fun!!! It checks for blood in the stool, I believe. I am almost 35 and I had a colonoscopy four years ago before my hysterectomy. The prep was loads of fun!! Maybe that one will suffice, but if the pain doesn't clear up with the gluten-free diet like yours did, I will definitely inquire about it.

Thanks again!