Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lollie

Gluten Free Spaghetti

I wanted to post to tell of the very successful lasagna I made last night!!!!!!

I was craveing lasagna and decided to give the rice lasagna noodles a try! And it was really good!

Here's the recipe in case anybody needs a lasgna recipe!

1 box lasagna rice noodles

1 tub ricotta cheese

2 cans stewed tomatoes (save the juice)

2 zuchini chopped

1 pound hamburger meat (browned)

fresh basil

fresh oregano

1 pkg grated mozzarella

Brown the hamberger, drain. Saute zuchinie with hamburger. Add tomatoes, squishing as you add them. Add juice from tomatoes. Add chopped oregano and chopped basil. Salt and pepper. Set aside. Start with the noodles (uncooked) layer with meat, ricotta, cheese, and then repeat. Finish with the mozzarella and I added parmesian. Cook covered at 350 for about an hour.

I think it turned out well. You can add onions, peppers, and garlic, I still can't tolerate those particular vegies.

-Lollie

I wanted to post to tell of the very successful lasagna I made last night!!!!!!

I was craveing lasagna and decided to give the rice lasagna noodles a try! And it was really good!

Here's the recipe in case anybody needs a lasgna recipe!

1 box lasagna rice noodles

1 tub ricotta cheese

2 cans stewed tomatoes (save the juice)

2 zuchini chopped

1 pound hamburger meat (browned)

fresh basil

fresh oregano

1 pkg grated mozzarella

Brown the hamberger, drain. Saute zuchinie with hamburger. Add tomatoes, squishing as you add them. Add juice from tomatoes. Add chopped oregano and chopped basil. Salt and pepper. Set aside. Start with the noodles (uncooked) layer with meat, ricotta, cheese, and then repeat. Finish with the mozzarella and I added parmesian. Cook covered at 350 for about an hour.

I think it turned out well. You can add onions, peppers, and garlic, I still can't tolerate those particular vegies.

-Lollie

Thanks so much! I am looking for something to try when myhusband gets home from Iraq!

That is so funny.......Last weekend me and my mom made gluten-free Lasagna. We had some time to do so since we where snowed it. It was so so so good. I am glad that yours came out great also.

I used to eat it all the time and it was the first time in about 2 years that I have had it and it was delicious. :)

Amanda NY

HI Lollie

how is your mom? Did she eat the lasagna too? I hope she enjoyed it and see gluten-free ain't that bad.

what can i use for the ricotta cheese. I think that's what got me good. I have some gluten-free cottage cheese and used to make it with that before i used the ricotta but that was sooooo good. think the mozzerella was ok.

Think i'll try again with something instead of the cheese :rolleyes:

I hate not having dairy :ph34r:

judy in philly