Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ravenwoodglass

Other Hypermobiles Anything I Can Do?

Hi, I have posted before about benign hypermobility or Ehlers Danlos. I have the latter. I was glutened last week which causes my joints to swell with fluid. Anyway I have dislocated my feet and/or ankles every night this week. Night before last I had a hard time getting my ankle back in place so had a pretty miserable day yesterday. It finally snapped back late yesterday evening. Does anyone know of a way to prevent this other than the obvious avoidance of the demon gluten? Is there anything I can do to quicken the dispursal of this fluid. I am kind of grasping at straws here. I don't sleep well wrapped up like a mummy in ace bandages :(

Just posted to your other post about EDS. I have no connection that I have noticed to gluten & dislocating. However, my son has to wear smo & dafo braces to keep his knees from dislocating. I have been so used to it all my life I just pop myself back in & go. Best of luck & as I have to tell myself on many days... Don't get glutened!

Christi

Hi, I have posted before about benign hypermobility or Ehlers Danlos. I have the latter. I was glutened last week which causes my joints to swell with fluid. Anyway I have dislocated my feet and/or ankles every night this week. Night before last I had a hard time getting my ankle back in place so had a pretty miserable day yesterday. It finally snapped back late yesterday evening. Does anyone know of a way to prevent this other than the obvious avoidance of the demon gluten? Is there anything I can do to quicken the dispursal of this fluid. I am kind of grasping at straws here. I don't sleep well wrapped up like a mummy in ace bandages :(

Hi. Sorry you're having troubles. You might want to see a podiatrist to see if you would benefit from orthotics for your shoes. They really help keep everything supported. Once you're doing a little better it's important to have very good posture and to strengthen the muscles supporting your joints. I had physical therapy to show me the correct postures and exercises. You have to be careful about stretching, as I'm sure you've discovered. Good luck and get better soon. x

Guest Robbin

I'm sorry you have had such a bad time. I hope you are feeling better. I get a lot of fluid retention around my joints. I always thought it was from the fibromyalgia. Anyway, when it gets bad I guzzle iced tea or hot tea--maybe 4-5 glasses/cups ( or more depending on how bad it is) in the morning/afternoon and by evening after all the bathroom trips, it goes down. I know tea is a natural diuretic and if you're like me, you don't want anymore drugs than necessary. I hope that helps. I usually drink decaf or 1/2 and 1/2 to avoid too much caffeine.

Thank you all for your replies. Things are finally getting a bit better. I did up my fluid intake a bit it seems to help clear the toxin out a bit faster and keeps my pee from burning as much. I also decided to see if my orthonics people can make me soft braces to help keep my foot and ankle bones in place. I switched GP after my diagnosis and haven't seen him since I 'introduced' him to celiac (my gosh 3 years with no dr. visits!), can't wait to see his face when I ask for this referral. Guess I'll wear a dress so I can demonstrate the backward bending knees easier :D .

Thanks again everyone.