Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

skurtz

Bowel Problems

I assume that your son is the one with Celiac. NO watery D is not normal. How long has this been going on. It is a sign of malabsorbtion. Everything that he is eating is going straight through him without having a chance for his body to retain any nutrients. The poor guy must be feeling really weak and run down :( .

It sounds like something he his eating or using contains gluten. Have you checked things like vitamins, soap, shampoo, other personal care products?

Is his food somehow being cross contaminated? I always prepare my food on a paper towel or plate so it doesn't touch the counter, in case my son (who is not gluten free) fixes a sandwich on the counter and leaves microscopic crumbs laying around. Do you use the same toaster for him that is used for the rest of the family? Do you have a pet? If so, make sure he washes his hands after feeding it. I'm sorry - I'm just trying to brainstorm some ideas.

In the mean time, I think you may want to contact his doctor. He may want to see him or have some blood work done.

I hope he is feeling better soon.

Cindy

I assume that your son is the one with Celiac. NO watery D is not normal. How long has this been going on. It is a sign of malabsorbtion. Everything that he is eating is going straight through him without having a chance for his body to retain any nutrients. The poor guy must be feeling really weak and run down :( .

It sounds like something he his eating or using contains gluten. Have you checked things like vitamins, soap, shampoo, other personal care products?

Is his food somehow being cross contaminated? I always prepare my food on a paper towel or plate so it doesn't touch the counter, in case my son (who is not gluten free) fixes a sandwich on the counter and leaves microscopic crumbs laying around. Do you use the same toaster for him that is used for the rest of the family? Do you have a pet? If so, make sure he washes his hands after feeding it. I'm sorry - I'm just trying to brainstorm some ideas.

In the mean time, I think you may want to contact his doctor. He may want to see him or have some blood work done.

I hope he is feeling better soon.

Cindy

My son actually is going tommorrow for endo scope & bloodwork in the past 6mths this has happened 3 times

throwing up & D we just assumed he had a virus. I thought maybe thats what was yesterday but everybody else is ok. I mean hes had D more often then that but that seemed pretty bad. his face has a rash that actually looks like its drying up & he says it really hurts which is weird becasue when it was blistery he never complained. We gave him plenty of liquids like gingerale& water. he says he feels much better So Im guessing it was somthing he ate. thanks for writing