Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

steve d

Stopping Dapsone

Hi

Has anyone with DH had to stop using dapsone because of an alergic reaction?

If so, did the DH come back, and how quickly?

Also how long did it last?

I am and have been gluten free for a couple of months.

Any response would be gratefully recieved.

Cheers

I never had to quit because of a reaction and my DH went away immediately after going gluten-free. That's unusual. Stick with the diet and avoid iodine at least for a while.

richard

I had a bad reaction to Dapsone and couldn't take it. It took several months for my DH to get better after going gluten-free, I would say about 4-5 months. I now use tetracycline and B3 to control flare-ups from glutening.

Thanks for answering.

This may be a little naiive, but what is iodine in ?

It's the first I've heard about avoiding it.

I had a bad reaction to Dapsone and couldn't take it. It took several months for my DH to get better after going gluten-free, I would say about 4-5 months. I now use tetracycline and B3 to control flare-ups from glutening.

Do you only get flare ups after eating gluten, or even when you've been totally gluten-free ?

Iodine catalyzes the skin reaction, so avoiding seafood and iodized table salt for a few months will help your skin heal.

Now that I have been gluten free for 10 months I only get DH flares if I've had gluten, and they aren't nearly as bad as they used to be. Not even close. But it's still not very pleasant.

Iodine catalyzes the skin reaction, so avoiding seafood and iodized table salt for a few months will help your skin heal.

Now that I have been gluten free for 10 months I only get DH flares if I've had gluten, and they aren't nearly as bad as they used to be. Not even close. But it's still not very pleasant.

Thanks again for the info. Luckily I'm not much of a seafood person- Phew!!! Though I'll keep my eye on the salt.

Steve.