Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I know this is a Kraft food and I think I understand that this should be gluten-free, but I had read somewhere that jello was not safe (now I can't find it). The label reads:

sugar, gelatin, adipic acid (for tartness), contains less than 2% artificial flavor, disodium phosphate and sodium citrate (control acidity), fumaric acid (for tartness), red 40

I know I shouldn't be feeding my kids this chemical junk anyway :rolleyes: , but they have colds and their little throats are hurting. My Mom always made these for us when we were sick and they tasted so good! Can anyone help me feel confident with these ingredients? I think it sounds okay? :unsure:

There are different brands of jello/gelatin dessert. In the hospital, they said their gelatin dessert was not gluten free. Jello brand has captured the common language. Do you say, "Will you please hand me a facial tissue, or kleenex"? Kleenex is a brand name synomonus with the product, like jello.

Laura

Patti and Elfkin,

I thought you were talking about the Kraft Jello gelatin, but I wanted to be clear to any one else. I'm pretty bad about looking at the last post first and then deciding if I want to read the entire posting.

Laura