Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest nini

When I Click On View New Posts Why

Guest nini

Why on earth do I keep getting a Flood Control message when I click on View New Messages???? I know this feature is supposed to protect against spammers, but why when I'm just trying to View New Messages??? This doesn't make sense. And it's a pain in the butt, and doesn't seem to have any rhyme or reason why. It's not like I'm speed reading or anything???

Guest nini

it helps with bandwidth useage? how?

like I said, it's not like I'm speed reading or anything, so I don't know why it even shows up. And it says to wait 20 seconds and try again, and sometimes I wait much longer and I STILL get the message again. Like I said, it's a pain in the butt and most times it happens I end up logging off and going to do something else.

it helps with bandwidth useage? how?

like I said, it's not like I'm speed reading or anything, so I don't know why it even shows up. And it says to wait 20 seconds and try again, and sometimes I wait much longer and I STILL get the message again. Like I said, it's a pain in the butt and most times it happens I end up logging off and going to do something else.

The way its SPOSED to work is tha tif you are clicking "view new posts" more often then once every 20 seconds (or any of the serach features) that it slows you down. Its not really a help with bandwith, it has more to do with the database load as searching takes a bit of resources to handle. The intention is to prevent the database from being flooded with requests and unable to handle them.

Guest nini

not accidentally double clicking, so I still don't know why I keep getting it. Even when I am deliberately waiting AT LEAST A MINUTE before hitting View New Posts, I still get it. Could it be because I am NOT using Windows or Mac? I am running a Linux machine and using Mozilla to surf...

not accidentally double clicking, so I still don't know why I keep getting it. Even when I am deliberately waiting AT LEAST A MINUTE before hitting View New Posts, I still get it. Could it be because I am NOT using Windows or Mac? I am running a Linux machine and using Mozilla to surf...

I use Mozilla Firefox on my Linux desktop with out problems. In theroy that should not matter. :)

Guest nini
Question.. do these incidents happen to happen near gluten/etc ingestion? :lol:

you are baaaaaaaad!

nope...!