Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rlemmon

Lay's Cant Get There Story Streight About Gluten In Stax Chips.

I called about the regular stax's and they told me they were gluten free and pruduced on equipment that DOES NOT process any foods containing gluten and there was zero chance of cross contamination. About a month later I found them in the back of the cupboard and decided to eat them. Being the paranoid freak I am I decided to call back and see If there still gluten free. This time I'm told there gluten free but they are made on equipment that process gluten and that they be cross contaminated. What the hell is this crap ? I am afraid to eat them now . What do you guys think ?

I just checked their website--they still say that Stax are made on dedicated lines, so they are naturally gluten-free. The cans I have at home now say 'naturally gluten free' also. You may have gotten someone on the phone who had some old info. Although, you never know--has anyone heard of any changes with Stax or Lay's?

I noticed that the new Pizza Staxx do not say Gluten Free on them. Could this be a reason for the change?

Elonwy

No that has always been that way, they only put the gluten-free labe on in some markets. Mine bear the lable here (but we only get regular).

So I went to the new list online, and Cheetos, among other things are no longer on the list!!!

What gives!!

Elonwy

Never mind my bad, I was in the no GLuten and Casien list and freaking out. NEVER MIND.

Elonwy

I hope, hope, hope this is not b/c of the new labeling laws. If this is just the beginning of something larger to come, it will be like starting this whole diet over again. I finally have down what mainstream products I can buy. UGH! This law is supposed to help us, not make companies scared to claim anything is gluten free anymore. Yikes, I hope this isn't the case though, I won't panic just yet.

Guest nini

when I called them I was assured the Pizza Stax and all the Stax are still gluten free, it is purely a marketing decision to NOT have naturally gluten free on the Pizza Stax label... nothing to do with the ingredients.