Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Has anyone had a bad experience with Mi-Del cookies?

Lately I've been coming home from work every day with a bloated, painful belly and couldn't figure out why. I thought maybe it was the raw fruits and veggies I was eating.

So today I felt fine, ate 2 Mi-Del's and BAM now I'm all bloated and my tummy hurts! So I read the bag and they process wheat in the same facility.

GRRRR.

Just curious if this happened to anyone else.

We have not had problems. But I know someone who did but they had accidently picked up a regular bag and not gluten-free ones! Hope you feel better!

in the past i've had no problems. which ones are you eating?

The gluten free pecan ones. I've eaten them in the past with no problem, but I'm wondering if this bag is bad because I've had problems since last week when I opened it.

I threw them out. Funny how I used to freak out about wasting food, but now I'm so quick to throw things out if it's gross or if it bothers my stomach...

I have not had problems with them, but they have dairy, so I haven't had that particular variety.

If you look at the back of the bag you will see not only gluten-free varieties listed, but a "wheat-free" one as well - this wheat-free-but-non-gluten-free flavor is run on the same lines as the gluten-free ones.

I have tried mi dels, don't like them, felt queasy aftter eating them so, I won't buy them again. However, I am not going to sue them.

Their gluten free and their regular cookie bags look almost the same. I bought the gluten free ginger snaps but I'm certain they bothered me. They also fall apart horribly, and I've had much better, so I won't buy Mi-Del again.

A couple of years ago the company got in trouble with the governement (Canadian, I believe) because their gluten free cookies were contaminated. I got terribly ill from them a couple years back and haven't tried them since they put the warning on the back. Good luck and hope you're feeling better-if you think they're making you sick, then by all means, don't eat them!

Nadia