Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Celia the Celiac

Wow...mouth Ulcers

Well...I've just had a bunch of mouth ulcers pop up. Concerned, I went under askjeeves.com and asked for the causes. Did you know "Celiac" came up in the list of causes. Does anybody have a similar story about this and more info?

Thanks,

Celia

I used to get mouth ulcers all the time before I started the gluten free diet. Now when I get them it's usually because I've eaten flour on accident somewhere.....so thankfully thats not often.

Good luck with them, they are no fun. I used to get them down my throat...sorry i know its gross but it is very difficult to live with.

Guest Viola

Mouth Ulcers seems to be a common problem amoung Celiacs when contaminated with gluten.

Also, they tend to show up when one gets into way too much sugar goodies. :rolleyes:

Thanks everyone on your posts. I went to Houston yesterday and ate out at a Mexican Restaurant. I was real careful with what I ordered but my food must have been contaminated with some gluten. I'm paying for it today. No energy and alot of gas. Yuck....just when I thought I was healing well, a set back!