Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Rate this topic

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Normal.  I never had withdrawal symptoms.  Everyone is different.  

Do you have celiac disease?  If not, you might want to think about going back on gluten and getting a simple blood test ASAP.  All celiac disease testing requires you  to be on a full gluten diet.  But, with the pandemic, you might need to postpone a diagnosis and later consider a gluten challenge depending on your circumstances.  

Edited by cyclinglady

Non-functioning Gall bladder Removal Surgery 2005

Diagnosed via Blood Test and Endoscopy: March 2013

Hashimoto's Thyroiditis -- Stable 2014

Anemia -- Resolved

Fractures (vertebrae): June 2013

Osteopenia/osteoporosis -- June 2013

Allergies and Food Intolerances

Diabetes -- January 2014

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Join eNewsletter

5 hours ago, cyclinglady said:

Normal.  I never had withdrawal symptoms.  Everyone is different.  

Do you have celiac disease?  If not, you might want to think about going back on gluten and getting a simple blood test ASAP.  All celiac disease testing requires you  to be on a full gluten diet.  But, with the pandemic, you might need to postpone a diagnosis and later consider a gluten challenge depending on your I 

I have not been diagnosed with anything however just felt very unwell for a very long time...already almost instantly feel so much better 

Join eNewsletter

7 hours ago, Nanny Mc Fee said:

I have not been diagnosed with anything however just felt very unwell for a very long time...already almost instantly feel so much better 

Going gluten free is not harmful, however, please consider real food.  Too often people switch from a standard diet full of junk food to a gluten free version.  Avoid eating out and no oats for the first six months as some celiacs react to oats.  Keep a journal as it is common for celiacs or those with Non-celiac Gluten Sensitivity to have additional food allergies or intolerances. The most common is dairy.  

If you have any questions about the diet, please ask!  

Anemia -- Resolved

Diabetes -- January 2014

Join eNewsletter

Awe thank you so much .....I have had a complete diet change for breakfast I juice broccoli stem 2 carrots 1 orange 1 apple and  spinach plus ginger  ...lunch home made chicken soups evening meal I make some gluten free from the simply cook range I dont tend to eat out as so expensive.....really appreciate any help previous diet 4 chocolate bars 6 pkts crisps and ready meals very very bad daily 

Join eNewsletter

3 hours ago, Nanny Mc Fee said:

Awe thank you so much .....I have had a complete diet change for breakfast I juice broccoli stem 2 carrots 1 orange 1 apple and  spinach plus ginger  ...lunch home made chicken soups evening meal I make some gluten free from the simply cook range I dont tend to eat out as so expensive.....really appreciate any help previous diet 4 chocolate bars 6 pkts crisps and ready meals very very bad daily 

yeah so you clearly went from an unhealthy diet to a healthy one. the fact that you cut gluten may not be the reason you're feeling better. I did the same thing multiple times before diagnoses though, would drink like a pound of spinach daily

Join eNewsletter

9 hours ago, Nanny Mc Fee said:

I'm just happy to be feeling healthier I'm digesting my food better also my thyroid was really enlarged and so much better now

This fairly recent study suggests that a gluten free diet could help those with thyroid antibodies.  The important thing is feeling well!  ?

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/30060266/

Anemia -- Resolved

Diabetes -- January 2014

Join eNewsletter

You could have other food sensitivities besides gluten. A lot of people do.... An example would be going dairy or grain free. There are also high-antioxidant diets and vitamins that could try. Some people don't feel great or get withdrawal symptoms when they go gluten free. If you feel better on a gluten free diet I wouldn't expect that to change. If it does change, and you start to feel bad again, I would look cross contamination problems or talk to a doctor or see if it is connected to a food sensitivity. 

Wheat sensitive. Probably Celiac disease but it could be an allergic response. I get very strong anxiety and then autistic symptoms whenever I eat wheat. It is probably a form of encephalitis (swelling in the brain due to wheat) but I am not sure.  Things that I avoid: All grain, alcohol, eggs, dairy, processed food.

Join eNewsletter

18 hours ago, ch88 said:

You could have other food sensitivities besides gluten. A lot of people do.... An example would be going dairy or grain free. There are also high-antioxidant diets and vitamins that could try. Some people don't feel great or get withdrawal symptoms when they go gluten free. If you feel better on a gluten free diet I wouldn't expect that to change. If it does change, and you start to feel bad again, I would look cross contamination problems or talk to a doctor or see if it is connected to a food sensitivity. 

random food sensitivities is why fasting is so good for you

Join eNewsletter