• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

elfkin

Desitin Diaper Ointment, Wipes, Tylenol, Etc.

Rate this topic

As of 2-21-06, I have uncovered some info. that may be helpful to you that concerns children.

We were doing a massive, full-scale gluten check at our house. :rolleyes: My son kept having suspicious symptoms and we are VERY careful about his food.

Desitin original diaper ointment (w/ zinc oxide) is safe, however, the Desitin Creamy diaper creme IS NOT gluten-free and is not safe.

Huggies wipes are suspect (according to the phone call), Pampers wipes are safe. Pampers Kan-doo wipes are safe.

Children's tylenol has new flavors and they are working on testing for gluten. The new flavors cannot be deemed safe yet. (as of phone call 2-21-06) Motrin still has safe flavors on the shelves.

Softsoap brand liquid hand soap, Germ-X hand sanitizer, and Purell hand sanitizer are all safe.

(Hand sanitizer does not remove gluten, only soap and water will)

Bandaid brand bandaids are safe, Curad bandaids are suspect.

Puffs, Bounty, and Charmin do not use gluten in any paper product or adhesive on their rolls.

Crayola products manufactored by BinneySmith are safe except for play clay and playdough.

Pediasure is safe, as is the Kroger brand and Walmart brand of the same.

Crest and Colgate children's varities of toothpaste are safe.

Palmolive dishwashing liquid is gluten-free.

Kleenex anti-viral tissues are gluten-free.

L'Oreal Kids shampoo's are safe (and smell great!) There is one with almond extract if you are allergic to nuts.

I have worked hard to try and gluten free our environment as my little one puts his hands in his mouth (and everything else) all the time. This list is a "starting point" for those of you who need to do the same. I hope it helps! Everyone on this forum has been so helpful to me. I wanted to share the info. that I had been able to gather from various sources.

Happy gluten-freeing! ;)

Just thought of a few more things to add!

I know that most people wouldn't think this necessary, but who would have thought gluten would be in diaper creme either?

Just to be safe, I checked on our paper products. For your peace of mind:

SOLO cups and plates are confirmed safe

Hefty ZooPals (children's paper products) and their other paper goods are confirmed safe

So if you are paranoid, or just new and want to be sure :D . . .

Eat happy on these paper plates and toast SOLO in these safe cups as well!

Thanks! Tylenol liquid is safe as well. I verified this when my daughter was really sick 2 weeks ago. The meltaways were not confirmed though so I bought the liquid.

Johsnons buddies hair products and soaps are also safe.

The Zooth brand toothpastes said they cannot guarantee no gluten so don't use it. (their statement)

As of 2-21-06, I have uncovered some info. that may be helpful to you that concerns children.

We were doing a massive, full-scale gluten check at our house. :rolleyes: My son kept having suspicious symptoms and we are VERY careful about his food.

Desitin original diaper ointment (w/ zinc oxide) is safe, however, the Desitin Creamy diaper creme IS NOT gluten-free and is not safe.

Huggies wipes are suspect (according to the phone call), Pampers wipes are safe. Pampers Kan-doo wipes are safe.

Children's tylenol has new flavors and they are working on testing for gluten. The new flavors cannot be deemed safe yet. (as of phone call 2-21-06) Motrin still has safe flavors on the shelves.

Softsoap brand liquid hand soap, Germ-X hand sanitizer, and Purell hand sanitizer are all safe.

(Hand sanitizer does not remove gluten, only soap and water will)

Bandaid brand bandaids are safe, Curad bandaids are suspect.

Puffs, Bounty, and Charmin do not use gluten in any paper product or adhesive on their rolls.

Crayola products manufactored by BinneySmith are safe except for play clay and playdough.

Pediasure is safe, as is the Kroger brand and Walmart brand of the same.

Crest and Colgate children's varities of toothpaste are safe.

Palmolive dishwashing liquid is gluten-free.

Kleenex anti-viral tissues are gluten-free.

L'Oreal Kids shampoo's are safe (and smell great!) There is one with almond extract if you are allergic to nuts.

I have worked hard to try and gluten free our environment as my little one puts his hands in his mouth (and everything else) all the time. This list is a "starting point" for those of you who need to do the same. I hope it helps! Everyone on this forum has been so helpful to me. I wanted to share the info. that I had been able to gather from various sources.

Happy gluten-freeing! ;)

Would you happen to know which flavor of Motrin is safe. As careful as I thought I was, I never checked this. We use the liquid as well.

Nicole

Would you happen to know which flavor of Motrin is safe. As careful as I thought I was, I never checked this. We use the liquid as well.

Nicole

The dye free, stain free Motrin was gluten-free last time I checked (about 6 months ago). Tania

Regular old Motrin IB caplets are safe too, I use them and called teh company and got a list...

The dye free, stain free Motrin was gluten-free last time I checked (about 6 months ago). Tania

Wow! Thank you soooo much :D I am pretty new to this and was curious about these things. I wasn't sure how much help the 1-800's would be about some of the items, but I guess they are. Thank you again! You have saved me a world of work and a ton of worries!!!

Blessings,

Tammy