Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

munchkinette

Scar-fading Skin Cream?

I assume DH causes marks on the skin that take a while to fade, especially with so many people on this board having such pale skin. I've had really bad acne in the last few years (any relation to gluten?), and I still have marks on my face from it. (discoloration, not pits) Does anyone use anything to fade these marks? I know there are products out there, but it sounds like a lot of cosmetics have gluten.

I don't know about the scar fading cream. I do know, though, that when I was practicing (PT), I would use silicone gel sheeting for scars. Nexcare makes those now (about $27 for a box -- not bad at all) and Curad makes a polyurethane (I believe) sheet which is clear. You can put both on your face at night. Studies have shown that you don't get any additional benefit using either more than 12 hours at a time. I have "hypertrophic" or "Keloid" scarring -- the gel sheeting keeps the scars flat, and makes the color go away. I know that there are silicone gels -- topicals (I think Nexcare makes one of them) that do the same thing. I had to use that on my neck after I had my thyroid removed. It made the redness go away really well. I think another company makes one as well. I would recommend any that say "topical silicone gel", because I've had really good results in the clinic and personally, as well. Also, you can use them at night, and don't have to worry about it under your make-up, etc.. Good luck with it -- I know it can be a pain! . . . .Lynne

I use Elicina.

http://bioskincare.com/

It works wonders for scars and acne. Once you get past the weirdness of what it is (chilean snail extract) it really is amazing. I had massive purple scars from cystic acne that are now barely noticible, thanks to the snails :D

I should admitt that I have never officially confirmed that it is gluten-free, but I've never had problems with it either. I've been using it for about 8 months.