This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

Does Anyone Have Gluten Free List?

Susan555

Susan555 Rookie

Hello. I was wondering if anyone had a simple list of food products that are gluten free? A list of foods that I can just go to a grocery store and buy. I have been gluten free for 2 weeks now but I still struggle with figuring out what is gluten free and what isn't. I'm to the point now that I am so hungry. I don't know what to eat so I'm not eating much of anything. If anyone knows of just some regular foods I could get that would be extreamly helpful. Thanks so much! Susan

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

dana-g Newbie

Hi! I have two great links. The first is 42 pages of mainstreams gluten-free foods!

Open Original Shared Link

The second is on

www.celiac.com

Go to "site index" and click on list of gluten-free and forbidden foods.

Be sure to check a list of forbidden ingredients! Very important to know what to avoid as well as what to look for. Good luck and hang in there! It gets easier with practice!

Gloriously gluten-free--Dana

tarnalberry Community Regular

Just about all the produce (not wheatgrass) and meats/veggies that you want! I know, I know, you probably meant packaged/processed foods... But honestly, it's worth the extra time to KNOW they aren't contaminated due to a factory and have better tasting food. (steps down from soap box) And with a bit of practice, cooking from scratch doesn't have to take that long either. I don't do prepackaged stuff, but with the help of my skillet and the bbq, usually don't take longer to cook a meal than half an hour (if I do any actually "cooking" and don't make a cold dish).

Guest jhmom

Hi Susan, in addition to the link that Dana sent you here is another food list from this site:

Mainstream gluten-free Products

Also here are some online company's where you can order AWESOME gluten-free products such as bread, bagels, brownies, etc...

Susan555 Rookie

I want to thank all of you so much for helping me. I didn't realize how emotional this disease and diet would be for me. I've been on the Open Original Shared Link site for a couple hours reading. I felt an overwhelming releif when I read all the things that I actully can eat, it made me cry. Thank you Dana. Everyone is so nice here. I don't know what I would do if I didn't have this site to come to. Susan

dana-g Newbie

Hey Susan, we're all in this together! You guys are the best buddies a celiac disease could ever have! Where else can you talk about loose bowel movements and vanilla extract in the same conversation? Just remember, no question is too "dumb" or too out there to ask.

By the way, if you haven't read in my other posts, Italy tests all kids for celiac disease by age six...and I am so inspired by that that I am determined to make it a part of the regular kindergarten admittance requirement in the US. Seriously! I'll keep you guys posted, but anyone who knows me knows that if I decide to do something I don't take no for an answer. celiac disease has taken a huge toll on my family--both my 11-year old daughter and are are celiac disease--and reading all these posts, day after day, filled with suffering in all shapes and sizes infuriates me that our alleged "best" system in the world is light years behind when it comes to celiac disease. FYI, it takes the average adult celiac disease in Italy 2-3 WEEKS from onset of symptoms to diagnosis. It takes the average American 10-11 YEARS! AAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!

We have got to change this. Sorry for the rant. I just get so p/o'd about all the kids in pain, not to mention all of us! Hang in there everybody!

gf4life Enthusiast

They just updated that list yesterday! The link has changed to :

It is now 49 pages!

God bless,

Mariann

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• 5 months later...
snipe12 Rookie

Many thanks for posting the above link. You have just answered about 10 of the questions I had on my mind. :D

Guest barbara3675

It is interesting to note that the above mentioned list is updated very often and the people that do this do it with the prime interest of helping people with gluten intolerance and not for personal gain on their part. Just from July 04 to September 04 the list went from 49 pages to 51 pages. Although it isn't all that handy to take to the grocery store, it sure is a Godsend for those that need some help in knowing that there are products that can be bought from the regular stores that fit into everyday life.

Barbara

Boojca Apprentice

Susan,

There is also a great list, and constantly being added to, at the Celiac Forum in the Delphi Forums group. Go to www.delphiforums.com and go to Health & Wellness. Select Celiac and walla....it's a great group, too. I've seen many of the people "here" there...so many of us go to so many groups. You learn something new from each of them.

Best of luck and hang in there, it will get easier!!

Bridget

Boojca Apprentice

Also, here's what I do when I get a list. I sit down with a highlighter and find all the things I might use/find in my area and highlight it. Then when I am looking for something specific, it's easy to find. Plus it makes creating my weekly shopping list a little easier when I can just go to a section and look for my yellow marks.

Bridget

Archived