Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest BERNESES

How Can Regular Cheese Be Lactose Free?

Guest BERNESES

I've read the new label on Cabot Monterey Jack cheese and it's made from milk. But last on the ingredient list it says "Contains 0g of lactose." I'm confused- does this mean that it's lactose free? Or that there's less than 1 mg of lactose. Greatly appreciate any one who can help me figure this out. Thanks, Beverly

I've read the new label on Cabot Monterey Jack cheese and it's made from milk. But last on the ingredient list it says "Contains 0g of lactose." I'm confused- does this mean that it's lactose free? Or that there's less than 1 mg of lactose. Greatly appreciate any one who can help me figure this out. Thanks, Beverly

NO that does not mean lactose free. Thtat means PER SERVERING there is LESS THEN 1g of lactose. Sorry. :(

Guest BERNESES

Hey there- Are you following me around the board :P ? You must be feeling better (I hope). That's kind of what I figured it meant but i wasn't sure. I figured it was just less than 1 g. Not a problem- I am starting (finally) to tolerate lactose in moderation.

Hey there- Are you following me around the board :P ? You must be feeling better (I hope). That's kind of what I figured it meant but i wasn't sure. I figured it was just less than 1 g. Not a problem- I am starting (finally) to tolerate lactose in moderation.

heheh Just asnwered that feeling better question in the other thread LOL

Heres teh thing, 0 is alos less then one, so they MIGHT be lactose free, but the labling does not say that, and I would assume that its NOT. :huh: