Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

i canary

Just When You Think Your Co-workers Can't Get Any Sillier

I had a co-worker ask me the other day about Celiac and what it was. I was so thrill that he cared enough to ask that I was happy to explain. And then...when I told him that it was genetic he said that means your mother and father were related right? This from a man with a masters degree. I had to wait a few days to gain perspective before I posted this - today it is funny, but a few days ago I was still in shock that he was such an idiot.

So did my mother when I told her :P:P:P

Many who are book smart and have master's degrees and PHD's are not life smart.

Guest BERNESES

That is hysterical! when I told one of my friends (who was contemplating med school) that I had Celiac's she thought I had a problem with celery! I think HER parents were related :P

I would not call him an idiot for that, most ppl do not know mcuh about gentics and he was probably thinking of some fo the well known problems called by interbreeding of families. :huh:

Guest Robbin

My husband is a 160 IQ math Phd. who is a complete idiot. I have to lay out his clothes every morning or he would go to work half- naked. No kidding. He can't replace batteries in a flashlight, either. (I do love the big goof, though)

I think that guy thinks your parents are cousins, icanary!

That is hysterical! when I told one of my friends (who was contemplating med school) that I had Celiac's she thought I had a problem with celery! I think HER parents were related :P

Wouldn't it be wonderful if all we had to do was stay away from celery? :P

wow thanks for my laugh of the day. Good Lord...what's the world coming too????? :lol::lol:

Judy

And this is someone going through for a doctor who thinks having Celiac is a celery problem. Well, now we know why many of us have come across the doctors we have.

I think my doctor must be genetically related to the one that thinks celiacs need to beware of cerery! :huh:

Lollie

Thanks for the smile, I could use it today!

You guys are so funny :lol::lol: My stomach is hurting from laughing so hard! I bought my husband a key-chain that says: "The difference between Genius and Stupidity is that Genius has its limits"

I knew that da$%^# celery would catch up with me some day! Thanks for a GREAT laugh. . . Lynne

You mean your aunt, right?

Well, CeliaCruz, all I know for sure is... she isn't my uncle. :P

when I told one of my friends (who was contemplating med school) that I had Celiac's she thought I had a problem with celery! I think HER parents were related :P

Now that's funny!!!!

Unfortunately some of the dumbest people I've ever met were in my classes in grad school. My program was small and they'd take nearly anybody. Sad. I met some brilliant people too, but some really crazy/strange/stupid/etc. people.

I have been sick the past couple of days and someone in my physics class which I might add I have know him for about a year said to me "why dont you just go and get a piece of white bread?" <_<

Amanda NY

My co-workers often will offer me cake, cookies, crackers...etc. The offers slowed down a lot when I stopped saying "No, thank you." and asking "Do you hate me that much, that you want to kill me?" They ALL know I can't eat that stuff - they just somehow think it's polite to offer me poision.

Hey -- I'm with you. We always make a big production of birthdays at my family. Since I've been gluten-free, I've had to bake my own brownies once (no one would go downstairs to preheat or put the brownies in the oven until I threw a temper tantrum -- I'm in a wheelchair), and I've had the custard our of pies one time. (this is 2 incidents in about 7 birthdays. Otherwise, they have regular cake and ice-cream that contains gluten. We have two more birthdays to go before mine.

My husband is so hacked about it, he's decided that on my birthday, I'm to tell all of them that he has the cake taken care of. Then, when it's time for birthday, we're going to have nothing -- and will tell them that they're getting what I get at every birthday celebration. Passive/Aggressive -- absolutely. But sometimes, it's the only way I can get my message across to them!

I have been sick the past couple of days and someone in my physics class which I might add I have know him for about a year said to me "why dont you just go and get a piece of white bread?" <_<

Amanda NY

I would have thanked them and asked if I could bring them back a cup of draino for them to drink.

Guest BERNESES
Unfortunately some of the dumbest people I've ever met were in my classes in grad school. My program was small and they'd take nearly anybody. Sad. I met some brilliant people too, but some really crazy/strange/stupid/etc. people.

Oh no, be nice! :P I'm in a PhD program. But sadly, you're - I have met some real weirdos too! B