Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

i canary

Just When You Think Your Co-workers Can't Get Any Sillier

Are we still talking about dumb people, good, I hope so........

Went out of town today and we ate lunch at Don Pablo's. I asked them if they have a gluten free menu, as I have heard that they do. The manager said, "Oh yes, but that's on the internet, we don't have that here at the restaurant". Jim and I just stared at her in disbelief.........She said "Is anything wrong". I said "Oh, yeah". If I wasn't not pooped (ha, I made a funny), I would have gotten on my high horse.

Hey B-- go easy, I live in the south and if they did not build a bridge to the next county, we'd all be chasing our tails. We go to family reunions to find a date. ( I'm from "away", my blood is clean).

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

Join eNewsletter

Okay, I've got another story. Today, I thought I would call the people who run food services where I work and ask if they knew what I could eat. (My schedule is screwy on Thursdays and I'm tired of eating cold leftovers - they don't clean the microwave at work so I can't use it). I asked the woman "What do you have that is gluten free?" She said "You want free food? :unsure: "

“This email is a natural hand made product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws.”

Join eNewsletter

YES! I WANT IT ALL!! AND I WANT IT FREE, FREE DO YOU HEAR ME?????? :lol::lol::lol:

Lynne

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is the quiet voice at the end of the day that says, "I'll try tomorrow".

"There's not a word yet, for old friends we've just met. Part Heaven, part space, or have I found my place? You can just visit, but I plan to stay, I'm going to go back there some day." Gonzo, in the Muppet Movie

Join eNewsletter

Around Christmas a couple of years ago I had an order of Ener-G (gluten-free) stuff delivered to my office, which I rarely do. I work on first floor and specifically told order taker at Ener-g to show my address with " 1st Floor" written on it. The box did show 1st Floor, but the delivery guy was just used to bringing stuff up to the second floor, he didn't notice it on the box.

The package came in a couple of days before Christmas and the head receptionist from the 2nd floor called me to tell me that my package arrived, just as she was telling me, a co worker who is always looking to cheat on her weight-loss diet and always scrounging for food then complaining she's overweight & goes to weight watchers took my box and told the receptionist that she was bringing it to me. Well, I got off that phone fast and went upstairs and to my surprise the co worker was walking away from me , she was not walking in the direction which would take her to the first floor. She was bringing it to her office. I intercepted her and said "oh, thanks, that's my box." and gently grabbed the box from her. She nervously laughed and said, "oh, I thought it was a box of goodies 'cause the box said 'foods' on it." (our suppliers send us stuff to eat around the holidays and she always is the first to grab them for her Department. It's a company joke.)

But this was no joke for me that she was stealing my husband's gluten-free foods. I would have liked to have seen the look on her face when she opened it up and found gluten-free Ener-G bread and gluten-free cookies. She probably would have tried them.

Husband has Celiac Disease and

Husband misdiagnosed for 27 yrs -

The misdiagnosis was: IBS or colitis

Mis-diagnosed from 1977 to 2003 by various gastros including one of the largest,

most prestigious medical groups in northern NJ which constantly advertises themselves as

being the "best." This GI told him it was "all in his head."

Serious Depressive state ensued

Finally Diagnosed with celiac disease in 2003

Other food sensitivities: almost all fruits, vegetables, spices, eggs, nuts, yeast, fried foods, roughage, soy.

Needs to gain back at least 25 lbs. of the 40 lbs pounds he lost - lost a great amout of body fat and muscle

Developed neuropathy in 2005

Now has lymphadema 2006It is my opinion that his subsequent disorders could have been avoided had he been diagnosed sooner by any of the dozen or so doctors he saw between 1977 to 2003

Join eNewsletter

Holy Mackerel -- I cannot believe the nerve!! I think you were VERY gracious by saying "Oh thank you. . . ". I think that might have been one of those "bite my tongue" moments for me . . . . .where I usually don't end up biting my tongue enough.

Lynne

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is the quiet voice at the end of the day that says, "I'll try tomorrow".

"There's not a word yet, for old friends we've just met. Part Heaven, part space, or have I found my place? You can just visit, but I plan to stay, I'm going to go back there some day." Gonzo, in the Muppet Movie

Join eNewsletter

Guest BERNESES

[quote Hey B-- go easy, I live in the south and if they did not build a bridge to the next county, we'd all be chasing our tails. We go to family reunions to find a date. ( I'm from "away", my blood is clean).

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter