Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Moongirl

Hyper Sensitive Tongue?

I feel like everything I eat my tongue is blistering, i dont know what else to call it, but it looks like circle patches where my taste buds burned off or something. I had a sensitive tongue before like when I ate spicy foods, or even something like a walnut would give me these little things, but recent few weeks its with everything i eat!? Is this something that is common? its really annoying cause i have oil and lemon for dressing last night for my salad and my tongue started burning on the side, and i never before had a problem with lemons/citrus.....ahhhh

I don't get the tounge thing, but I do get a rash on the inside of my mouth if I eat pecans, walnuts, hazelnuts, chestnuts, dark chocolate, eggplant, and some other random things...

Dr says it's an allergic reaction, my guess is that its the same with your tongue thing.

It's called geographic tongue, sometimes.

I've had it for years.

I don't get the tounge thing, but I do get a rash on the inside of my mouth if I eat pecans, walnuts, hazelnuts, chestnuts, dark chocolate, eggplant, and some other random things...

Dr says it's an allergic reaction, my guess is that its the same with your tongue thing.

I have always had geographic tongue. My tongue is very sensitive to all that you mention above. Plus, I got glutened on Christmas day and my tongue had two big canker sores on the bottom and was lacerated all across the top. Talk about annoying and painful. A very long week ensued!

fritzicurls

Guest cassidy

For about a week my tongue was very sensitive like that. It does happen when I eat a lot of kiwi, pineapple and strawberries, but it doesn't last that long and I can tell it is because of what I just ate. I don't know what caused it that week or how it went away, but it did.

iI was just reading up on GT, I guess it is considered to be an auto immune disease, whether its true or not im not sure. Some people mentioned that they even has celiac too.....But I figured thats what I have to except I cant put my finger on what triggered mine this time, cause its sticking around longer then most times.....anyone know what to do to ease this? cause i know u cant cure it..... ;)

I have had Geographic Tongue for years. Sometimes it doesn't bother me and sometimes it feels like my tongue is has ulcers on it. One strange thing is that wheat bread used to bother me as a child. I told my mom that it made my tongue itch. She thought I was just trying to get out of eating my bread, but she brought it up again when I said I was getting tested for Celiac. Does anyone else get an ichy tongue from eating wheat? I thought wheat just bothered people with Celiac's intestines. Has anyone else heard of this?

After the birth of my daughter 4 years ago, I all of a sudden developed geographic tongue, as well. I believe that my celiac disease was triggered with her birth, so now I attribute it to part of celiac disease. Mine comes and goes, affected by what I eat (citrus, spicy, sometimes salty?--I can't eat guacamole or kiwi at all), but it seems like it's there most of the time. I've been gluten-free for a week now, so we'll see if it gets any better. When it gets really bad after eating something and it's hurting, I brush my teeth and tongue really well to get the food residue out of my mouth. That seems to soothe it.