Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ILOVEOMC

Lasagne Recipes?

I am looking for a lasagne recipe. Before gluten-free days I used miceli ricotta cheese and it states vinegar as a ingredient and I am leary to use it now. Does anyone know how to make lasagne without ricotta cheese? Thanks in advance:)

I have a few lasange recipes that do not use ricotta or vinegar. I have never heard of vinegar in lasagne...that is kinky.

just layering the sauce, noodles, and veggies. ;-)

when I was growing up and my dad made lasagna, he never used ricotta, but rather three separate grated cheeses - chedder, mozerrella, and one other italian cheese. not to mention oodles of sausage and meat sauce. it was tasty, but the heaviest lasagna ever!

Have you looked into other brands of ricotta? I recently made a really good lasagna and I used an all natural ricotta and I didn't have any trouble. Vinegar wasn't listed as an ingrediant!

Just a thought!

Lollie

I am looking for a lasagne recipe. Before gluten-free days I used miceli ricotta cheese and it states vinegar as a ingredient and I am leary to use it now. Does anyone know how to make lasagne without ricotta cheese? Thanks in advance:)

There is a cheese called "Quark" which my dad used to put in lasagna. We never used ricotta. If you can find it, you should give it a try. It does not have vinegar in it.

Hi

I am new to this forum. I am also new to the gluten world. My daughter has recently been diagnosed and all of this is new. My question re the lasagna is what is the problem with ricotta. I thought it was O.K. to eat. Is there gluten in it. Sorry to sound ignorant if I do.

glutenmom14

Hi

I am new to this forum. I am also new to the gluten world. My daughter has recently been diagnosed and all of this is new. My question re the lasagna is what is the problem with ricotta. I thought it was O.K. to eat. Is there gluten in it. Sorry to sound ignorant if I do.

glutenmom14

Some people have issues with vinegar in spite of it being gluten free (yes, vinegar is gluten-free, except malt vinegar). Apparently some ricotta has vinegar in it, my guess it's the company's way of speeding up the curdling process. <_<

HI

You know i wonder if that is why i got so sick from this recipe..i've never used ricotta before i always used cottage cheese with finely chopped scallions with it. Maybe we could just 'squish' out some of the water and it would work. know there is some cc called calbot (?) don't know about the vinegar will have to ck.

Just cooked the rice noodles a little bit to handle easier and it was sooo good BUT NOT THE NEXT DAY. Hubby still getting all the left overs.

Judy In Philly

http://www.gfutah.org/recipes/Lasagna.html

I've seen some really yummy "Mexican" lasagna recipes where you flavor the meat with taco seasoning, use various shredded cheeses instead of ricotta, and use soft corn tortillas instead of noodles. I supose you could use the corn tortillas in a traditional lasagna, too! :)