Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

2 2
Blake Anderson

Weis Markets Olive Oil Cooking Spray

Rate this topic

Hi all! This is my first post. I’ve recently moved into a new neighborhood and adjusting to the local markets. I’ve recently purchased Weis Markets Olive Oil Cooking Spray and I seem to be having some adverse reactions and “gluten pains and bathroom trips”. I’m normally very good at identifying if a new product is gluten-free or not... but this one is stumping me. The ingredients read gluten free, although it contains soy and doesn’t state it’s gluten free. I am aware that soy is sometimes/most of the time processed on equipment shared with wheat. Long story short.. has anyone else experienced any issues with products like this? 

4D17065A-2501-435E-B9DC-FA86C182FAA0.jpeg

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

No.  The ingredients are gluten free, but.....think about it.  Do they make a spray oil that also contains flour commonly used for bakery items (cookie sheets and bundt pans)?  Cross contact during manufacturing could be an issue.  The other problem?  A store brand.  Hard to tract down the manufacturer to call and ask.  

I just use California Grown olive oil.  Real.  Unadulterated (unlike the stuff from Italy which had a huge counterfeit issue a few years ago).  Plus, I can talk to the company/grower.   I also use plain old Lard too.  

Know that I am pretty conservative.  I like feeling well.  I like seeing “normal” on my biopsy lab report!  

Edited by cyclinglady

Non-functioning Gall bladder Removal Surgery 2005

Diagnosed via Blood Test and Endoscopy: March 2013

Hashimoto's Thyroiditis -- Stable 2014

Anemia -- Resolved

Fractures (vertebrae): June 2013

Osteopenia/osteoporosis -- June 2013

Allergies and Food Intolerances

Diabetes -- January 2014

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Join eNewsletter

15 hours ago, cyclinglady said:

No.  The ingredients are gluten free, but.....think about it.  Do they make a spray oil that also contains flour commonly used for bakery items (cookie sheets and bundt pans)?  Cross contact during manufacturing could be an issue.  The other problem?  A store brand.  Hard to tract down the manufacturer to call and ask.  

I just use California Grown olive oil.  Real.  Unadulterated (unlike the stuff from Italy which had a huge counterfeit issue a few years ago).  Plus, I can talk to the company/grower.   I also use plain old Lard too.  

Know that I am pretty conservative.  I like feeling well.  I like seeing “normal” on my biopsy lab report!  

Huh! Hadn’t thought about that. I will look into that. I wouldn’t consider myself new to the gluten-free stage. I was diagnosed with celiac at 19yo and now am 23. But I know there are plenty of things I just don’t know yet! Thanks for the info. 

Join eNewsletter