• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

lemonade

Feet Falling Asleep

Rate this topic

My feet get tingly and fall asleep rather quickly when i am sitting. At night, when lying down i get the "pins and needles" sensation and my feet feel numb and "asleep"...does anyone else get this?

L

Lemonade--the sensations you describe are common symptoms of Celiac. I had them very pronounced before going gluten-free, and still get them but not as bad. I had the tingling and numbness in my face, left arm, and both legs and feet, and it was worse when laying down. Now, it's mostly just in my face, unless I get a gluten reaction. Give it some more time--and vitamin B6 is also helpful.

Lemonade: Sounds like neuropathy which is a condition due to celiac (as I understand it, it's due to undiagnosed celiac neurological damage or at least neurological interference).

My feet get tingly and fall asleep rather quickly when i am sitting. At night, when lying down i get the "pins and needles" sensation and my feet feel numb and "asleep"...does anyone else get this?

L

This is real common it's called parathesias. On a ?humerous? note one of my neuro's before I was diagnosed told me they came from a year of heavy drinking in my teens- I was 35 at the time and far from a heavy drinker. These have gone away now but like most of my neuro symptoms it took a while. Be patient and in addition to the B6 another poster reccommended you may want to add some sub-lingual B12. The B12 even helped me before diagnosis (low B12 was all they ever found on tests).