This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Ever Feel Gluten-ed Even When You're Not?

ebrbetty

ebrbetty Rising Star

hi guys, my belly's really been hurting and I've been very bloated and gassy the last 2 days, for the life of me I can't think of anything bad I could have eaten. I had something like 4 or 5 good days and now this..seems to be a pattern where I feel good for a few days, think I'm over the worst of this then its back again.

do any of you ever feel this way?

thanks Betty

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Lisa Mentor

I do. I can go up to a week now and have no problems. Then for whatever reason, I get slightly acid D for a few days, and then it gets better. I think that it may be a little gluten, but also the healing process. The good days seem to get longer and longer. I am now nowhere close to the days where I could not leave the house and my bottom was on fire. It is slow progress, but progress. And to add, that you get better knowing where the gluten is comming from.

My reaction to gluten in the beginning was within a half hour, now I'm up to around 24 hours. I would say that't progress.

When I to get glutened, I revert back to a basic diet that I know is a sure one. Hope this will help

Lisa B

ebrbetty Rising Star

thanks lisa, I was wondering if it could be something I ate days ago, I used to be able to look at what I ate that day, but now I think it could be from the day before or longer. its so discouraging to me to have a few good days, then I feel like I'm back to the beginning again, my belly looks like I'm 5 months along and the pains are awful, everytime this happens I end up thinking "screw it, this gluten-free diets not working" then hubby will remind me of the good days and say "you may still be in pain, but your not on the floor crying all the time" hes right, but that doesn't stop the pain now!

Guest nini

I'm wondering if sometimes it has anything to do with hormone fluctuations.

ebrbetty Rising Star

you could be right nini, I wondered about that too

wolfie Enthusiast

This seems to happen to me to. Last week was a bad week, this week is much better. I agree about it being part of the healing process. I know that I also have other food intolerances that could be part of my problem.

Hope you feel better soon!

ebrbetty Rising Star

thanks kim, sorry to hear others are still dealing with this, but at least i'm not alone..keeps me from giving up, but i still think about eating a sub everyday :huh:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

wolfie Enthusiast

I am with you on the sub....my sister went to Subway yesterday and I told her I was going to live vicariously through her.

I did make some good bread yesterday though that has me satisfied for now. :)

ebrbetty Rising Star

would you like to share the recipe? I'm just learning to bake bread, have only done it once and it was a mess :blink:

Archived