Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter
3 3
Kate333

Has anyone tried gut-directed hypnosis??

Rate this topic

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I have not done hypnosis for gi issues. After my diagnosis my Dr who knew I was more open to alternative treatments having used them in the past, said in an aside/passing/ casually mentioned I may find acupuncture helpful. I began to see an acupuncturist. I had never tried acupuncture before. I saw my acupuncturist regularly for 2-3 years. I now see her as needed. 

1 hour ago, Awol cast iron stomach said:

I have not done hypnosis for gi issues. After my diagnosis my Dr who knew I was more open to alternative treatments having used them in the past, said in an aside/passing/ casually mentioned I may find acupuncture helpful. I began to see an acupuncturist. I had never tried acupuncture before. I saw my acupuncturist regularly for 2-3 years. I now see her as needed. 

Edit 

Article maybe of interest to you or others in future

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3315874/

I have also used acupuncture in the past with great success but primarily for physical pain issues.  GDH is different than acupuncture: more like deep meditation/relaxation protocol.  That seems pretty logical as the gut is frequently called "our second brain".  I notice in times of great stress/anxiety my gut often intuitively "feels" something wrong even before my brain catches on.😉  Here is a link explaining it:

Interesting NIH study...but I noticed it says she was using oral and topical steroids and, later, a gluten-free diet at the SAME time she had acupuncture...So perhaps not quite accurate for study authors to imply acupuncture was the definitive reason for her symptom resolution.  Mind you, not slamming AP a bit (it has helped me immensely with pain issues)...Just saying this study and conclusion seem a bit flawed, unsupported by the facts.  It would be interesting to see a study that included 3 separate groups of patients on 2 or 3 separate therapy protocols (one ONLY acupuncture; the other steroids and/or gluten-free diet).