• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

ebrbetty

Need A gluten-free/df Chocolate Cake Recipe

Rate this topic

Hes not Celiac but wants me to be able to eat it too..anyone have a tried and true recipe? low fat is also important, hes on a diet

thanks, Betty

p.s. this will be my first attempt at a cake :blink:

Guest nini

I stick with the mixes... My absolute favorite is Pamela's brownie mix, it has the recipe for cake on the side of the bag. Every time I serve this it gets RAVE reviews... everyone loves it and no one can tell it's gluten-free.

Guest Lucy

I just made a Namaste chocolate cake for my sons 1st birthday. It was a hit. I didn't tell anyone it was gluten free, then when my MIL saw my 3 year old celiac son eating it, she was like, "wow, this is gluten free! it is great, I never would have guessed!". Some even had seconds.

I used olive oil instead of vegtable. It raised nice and high, and was super moist.

I made the Pamelas this weekend and it was soooo good! Dh even loved it and he hates gluten-free stuff! I also used the yummy frosting recipe that I posted about in this thread!

becky, I'm going to WF'S this week, I'm going to pick it up, so much eaisier and it sounds yummy frosting too

thanks

I kinda dig Pamela's Luschious Chocolate Cake mix, very yummy and actually tastes like cake. My sister and I have tried some others that definitely tasted like chocolate, but didn't taste much like cake. I doubt it's low fat, but it sure is good!

I made a chocolate polenta cake (actually, I used carob), and added soy whipped cream and cherries, and it tasted exactly like grandma's black forest cake.

if you are interested in the recipe, lemme know. :)

Guest nini

yeah Pamela's has a chocolate cake mix too, but I like using the brownie mix because of the extra chunks of chocolate in it and it is soooooo moist and is always a big hit!

My dh made a chocolate birthday cake for me yesterday. OMG it was WONDERFUL. Let me say it again, OMG it was WONDERFUL. Kroger was out of Pamela's chocolate cake mix, so he saw that Pamela's brownie mix had a chocolate cake recipe on the side. He bought two, mixed both, and put 1/2 in each of two 8" round pans. He just used Pillsbury frosting, but this was possibly the best ever chocolate cake!!! Moist, and very chocolatey

Delicious.

....and what a hubby :)

I couldn't get pamelas so I bought "cherrybrook Kitchen" chocolate cake mix..please tell me {honestly} if its any good, its for hubbys birthday so if it sucks I want to get something else before monday night.

so I bought "cherrybrook Kitchen" chocolate cake mix..please tell me {honestly} if its any good.

I'm not familiar with it.

Oh MY! I just made the Emeril 'flourless choc. cake' tonight for a dinner party. It tastes and has the texture of a godiva truffle. I sprinkled powdered sugar over it, had raspberry sauce, whip cream and garnished with raspberries. Beautiful and deeelish! Very rich though. But had to chime in and say 'what a hit'! Thanks for the suggestion!

france, thanks for the link, you must have read my mind, I was looking for a flourless recipe last night!

I have not seen namaste at my whole foods..is that where you guys are getting it?