This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

New 'safe' Food List,

Guest jeepgirl

debmidge Rising Star

how true about the gluten-free adult cereals - they are too sweet.

Quaker used to make a gluten (off limits now) cereal called Corn Bran and we liked it before going gluten-free. Since it's corn, why can't a gluten-free manufacturer make this same type of cereal? it has corn bran as the fiber.

I am trying to find pure corn bran to add it to my husband's gluten-free homemade corn bread and I can't find this product. Can anyone offer suggestions of where to find this? I've checked Celiac.com shopping site, and Gluten Free Trading Co. and Gluten free pantry with no luck.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

mat4mel Apprentice

The rice crunch ums are not sweet! Yay! They are pretty bland, though, but a nice change from the sweet cereals.

Has anybody tried cream of rice (like cream of wheat, only rice)?

gf4life Enthusiast

mat4mel,

We eat the Cream of Rice. It is a little bland, so you have to add something for flavor, like cinnamon or fruit or something. We also like Rice & Shine brown rice hot cereal by Arrowhead Mills. It has more flavor and texture. One of my kids likes it a lot (he says it tastes like oatmeal), one likes it sometimes, the other doesn't like it much.

Debmidge,

We also used to eat Corn Bran. My kids loved it too. It seems to me there are a lot of good non-sugar laden cereals out there that could be made to be gluten free. It is frustrating to have to be limited to sugar cereals and only a few healthier gluten-free choices.

God bless,

Mariann

Thomas Apprentice

Amazing list, thank you...

KellyR Apprentice

Can someone please help me, I am so computer illiterate and I am trying to see the new list. I cant view it for some reason...........Kelly

lovegrov Collaborator

I notice somebody on this thread mentioned eating Honey Comb, Alpha-Bits and Corn Pops. Bad idea. None are gluten-free.

As for Kraft dressings -- you don't need any list at all for Kraft. For well over a year now Kraft has had a poilicy of clearly listing any gluten. If something is made wheat, rye or barley, it will say so.

ALL Lipton is gluten-free.

Here is the link for that list again. Just click on it.

Open Original Shared Link

KellyR Apprentice

I tried clicking on that link and it wont work, it says something about the wrong mac member name......Kelly

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

lovegrov Collaborator

I just clicked and it worked. Do you have Acrobat Reader, which you need to dowload the list?

If not you can get it free at the Acrobat web site.

richard

gf4life Enthusiast

Hi Kelly, Most people do have Adobe Acrobat on their computer. You will need that to open the file. Once you click on the link it should open up in a new window, but depending on the speed of your computer it may take a few minutes to open up the file. It is quite large (49pgs!). I hope this helps.

Also they updated the list and have a new link to it. The link that lovegrov (Richard) posted is old and won't work. Only this one will work.

God bless,

Mariann

coldkelly Newbie
:( I just clicked on both links to these food lists and was told they couldn't find those web pages.. anybody else have that problem? I'd love to have them....
midnightlullaby Apprentice

I tried to open these links but it brings me to some kind of mac page and asks me to join. Is this happening to anyone else?

lovegrov Collaborator

I just clicked and had no problem. You do get a blank web page but your computer should also download a PDF file. Do you have Acrobat Reader? You have to have that.

richard

KellyR Apprentice

I downloaded Acrobat reader and then was able to open the file without a problem.....Kelly

GinEva Newbie

Help for Kelly R:

Go to: Open Original Shared Link

Go to the bottom of the page where you see this paragraph:

The support group has an ongoing group project. A list of gluten free foods was compiled by one of our members (who prefers to be anonymous). As a group we are reviewing this and reworking it. The list is one of foods that are OK, in contrast to many lists that are lists of prohibited foods. Last updated 5/11/2004.

Click on "A list of gluten free foods" and it will take you right to the .pdf list.

When you get there, bookmark it!

• 4 weeks later...
MySuicidalTurtle Enthusiast

I was looking through old threads for information and these links come up as not found! Any help? EDIT Eep, nevermind, sorry. EDIT

celiac3270 Collaborator

Thanks for posting this...I had tried to access the old list not too long ago and was told that it no longer existed. Honestly, I am not a big fan of these lists....as people find mistakes in them I lose confidence in their accuracy. I prefer to find out from the actual company or from the board, although numbers to call the companies are helpful.

dental27 Newbie

Hello all-

I wasn't able to open this pdf from here either, but truncated the URL down to Open Original Shared Link and placed in my Internet Explorer address bar. It took me to a page where I could scroll down and clicked on "a list of gluten free foods' link which took me to an updated (May 2004) pdf of 49 pages. Please give that a try. Thank you to those who brought this list to everyone's attention. What a blessing.

• 1 month later...
glen4cindy Apprentice

I had problems using the original link, back on the 1st post.

I have Acrobat, and have been able to open every other link.

Once I modified the link sligtly be removing the very end of it,

the page came up, with LOTS of interesting information.

The beginning of the site is about some Dr.'s offices, but, further

down, there is ALOT of information about Celiac, including medication

lists, and much more.

Here is the link I used:

Glen

neeta Newbie
:unsure: Hi folks, I am totally new. I have been diagnosed for years as IBS but have just got sicker and sicker on the ibs diet. Anyway a dietician I went to the other day thinks I am celiac. I am about to have a scope and in the meantime have started the diet. To me it isn't too much of a nuisance. Remember I was IBS (supposidly) and haven't been able to eat much of anything for the last little while (cause it wasn't working). For me to not be in agony with bloating and gerd is great. I have stayed away from gluten for the past two days and instantly I was able to come off of my meds. that I was given for IBS. I am feeling so much better already. I know I have a long way to go. I also know that I am not supposed to come off of gluten until the tesing is done. Well, I have been so sick for so long it just feels so good to be a bit better. I am sure there is so much damage in there that a couple of weeks with not much gluten won't do much harm (scope wise). ANyway I can't seem to get into this mac file fo rthe list of foods. All I get is a message saying there is nobody of that name or something like that. Can anyone send me a link that I can get into? I am used to the IBS forums, it was lovely talking to others with that problem. Unfortunately it didn't help me, I am truely hoping that this regime will! Many thanks, Anita.
  • 4 weeks later...
LeeV Apprentice

Hi, I couldn't open this file either...... :(

I have a question though, my daughter was doing fine for a few days and then I gave her food w/cheese and it upset her stomach. I haven't given her any more after that but she's still not 100%. I've stopped giving her regular milk, but some products contain milk, could it be that? I'm confused and stressed out trying to figure out what's causing her to get sick again. I try using all the lists I have w/gluten-free foods. Thanks.

Lee

celiac3270 Collaborator

I have Adobe--I got to the main site, but then I couldn't open the food list....it said something about the file not containing "&pdf" or something.......I have opened this list in the past--dunno what's with that....

traci Apprentice

THANK YOU!!! I have been on this darn computer for days trying to find a list such as this.. THANK YOU!!!! :D

Archived