This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

DH? Looks like it..

MeganFletcher2019

MeganFletcher2019 Newbie

Hello all,

I am going to my general practitioner Wednesday morning to hopefully get some answers. This rash has been present and ever-growing since the beginning of June. I have ruled out everything from bedbugs to fleas to scabies. 

My cousin was the one who commented and said "that looks like celiac rash!". She was diagnosed 4 years ago. Since learning of celiac I am more and more convinced this is it. 

On top of the rash, I also have verh loose yellow stools for as long as I can remember (thought it was from gallbladder removal), broken, yellow, chipped teeth (though was from pregnancy), infertility (figured it just happens), severe depression and anxiety (medicated for 9 years now). 

Hopefully we can get some answers soon. Below are pics of my rash. Mostly on elbows, hands, right foot, and scalp. Does.this look like DH to you seasoned Celiacs who suffer?

Any input is greatly appreciated!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

trents Grand Master

All of the symptoms you mention are common with celiac disease. Many of them are probably the result of the nutritional deficiencies brought on by the damage to the small bowel villi.

MeganFletcher2019 Newbie

Here is a link to my current skin conditions... 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Ga7V1D17YMQgNxD2A

cyclinglady Grand Master

Please do not stop consuming gluten if you are getting tested.  Know that diagnosing  DH can be tricky.  I encourage you to read through the DH section of the forum.  You will learn things like how to get a special skin biopsy, tips for managing DH once diagnosed, and blood test and endoscopy pitfalls which can be possible with DH.  

Just looking at the photos can not  diagnosis DH, but with your cousin having it, it might very well be possible.  Please keep researching.  It can be your best defense and would insure you are making the right decisions.