Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

• You've found your Celiac Tribe! Join our like-minded, private community and share your story, get encouragement and connect with others.

💬

• Sign In

IgA Ttg weak positive 18mths after GFD

Rate this topic

I'm interested to see if anyone has the same probem. When I was diagnosed with coeliac disease (20 months ago) my TTg levels were 20. I immediately went on a GFD, however I still consumed potential gluten contaminated products due to sheer ignorance (ie 90% dark chocolate that wasn't labelled gluten free). My Ttg came down howevef to 6 within 4 months. As I got stricter with the diet my levels went up again to 10 and 13 (last test in January 2020). Since January my dket has been even stricter and I dont eat out and I have a gluten free kitchen. I'm wondering has anybody had the same experience of finding it hard to get the TTG levels to normal range on the GFD? Thanks for reading :-)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

There are many others who have reported this here as well. You are correct to first focus on your diet for hidden sources of gluten, especially when eating outside your home, which is a common way to get gluten contamination. Here is a search for other threads on this topic:

https://www.celiac.com/search/?q=TTG levels&quick=1&type=forums_topic

and this one may be helpful (note that there are other autoimmune issues that can cause these to be elevated):

Scott Adams

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Founder Celiac.com