Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

• You've found your Celiac Tribe! Join our like-minded, private community and share your story, get encouragement and connect with others.

💬

• Sign In

Marsh 3C

Rate this topic

Hello,

I need some encouragement. Did anyone here recover after Marsh 3C damage? Damage was visible already during endoscopy and prior to biopsy which confirmed celiac disease. ("Bulbus looks fine but segments D2 and D3 look scallopped" is what the gastro wrote, and I don't know if the other parts are fine or he didn't see them at all. Are D1,2,3,4 all visible at endoscopy?)

I have only been diagnosed 2 months ago, but I am a very anxious person and always expect the worst. 

Thank you.

Ivana

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Welcome!  

Relax!  Well, try to anyway as celiac disease does cause anxiety.  It is systemic and can affect the brain!  But no worries, you can heal on a gluten free diet.  I must warn you, it takes time.  Time to master the diet, identify any other additional intolerances you may have and address other concurrent illnesses (like I had osteoporosis and some fractures to heal).  Time is about 1 to 2 years — I kid you not.  

Research is your best defense.  So, feel free to ask questions or search through the forum.

Edited by cyclinglady

Non-functioning Gall bladder Removal Surgery 2005

Diagnosed via Blood Test (DGP IgA only) and Endoscopy: March 2013

Hashimoto's Thyroiditis

Osteopenia/osteoporosis -- June 2013

Allergies and Food Intolerances

Repeat endoscopy/Biopsies: Healed