Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter
4 4
Capt_Lyon

What is a Celiac to Trader Joe's 20 PPM gluten-free?

Rate this topic

I am new to this site and just figured out how to post a topic! Different than "Ask a question".

Trader Joe's gluten-free Products - Celiac - I was diagnosed in 1996 and have studied constantly for years. My opinion that I state often to my medical practitioners is this. You can call it a disease if you chose to, but you cannot catch it, you cannot give it to anyone and you cannot cure it! It is a genetic disposition that you are born with. If you remove Gluten from your diet you lead a normal life! I do not have a disease! I have a genetic makeup that will not tolerate Gluten. I found this site when asking about Trader Joe's gluten-free products. I since have gone onto the Trader Joe's site and see that they only adhere to 20 PPM which if you are a celiac will cause problems. The Feds in their wisdom have created a maelstrom of issues for celiacs. Certified is the only choice for me! 5 ppm. When you eat out you also need to tell your server that you are a Celiac and it is not a diet choice!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

3 hours ago, DJFL77I said:

so all "Certified" gluten free is 5 ppm?

Yes, 5 ppm or below.  That is as low as the equipment can detect.  So, it can be zero.  

Non-functioning Gall bladder Removal Surgery 2005

Diagnosed via Blood Test (DGP IgA only) and Endoscopy: March 2013

Hashimoto's Thyroiditis

Osteopenia/osteoporosis -- June 2013

Allergies and Food Intolerances

Repeat endoscopy/Biopsies: Healed