Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

• You've found your Celiac Tribe! Join our like-minded, private community and share your story, get encouragement and connect with others.

💬

• Sign In

ate from gluten free baker... THEN.......

Rate this topic

Not sure what it was ...   but I went down to a Dedicated gluten free  bakery yesterday and ate exactly what i ate there about 6 weeks earlier..

a piece of pizza and cookie...     didn't bother me before..   but this time later on at night had some Diarrhea...

For some reason they cook the pizza then wrap it in plastic and let it sit on the shelf..  not refrigerated... is that normal?  could the cheese have gone bad?

The owner of the place told me he has Celiac.. and that everything there is 100% Gluten free....   but it was definitely from what i ate there.. because i had nothing else afterwards...

https://www.joeyshomebakeryglutenfree.com/

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

• 1 month later...

Two things come to my mind, and you've covered them both. Either it's cross-contamination, or certainly dairy products like cheese can go bad and cause food poisoning if not properly stored. Leaving it outside and unrefrigerated is probably not a good idea, especially if they do this for more than a day.

Scott Adams

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Founder Celiac.com