Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

• You've found your Celiac Tribe! Join our like-minded, private community and share your story, get encouragement and connect with others.

💬

• Sign In
2 2
Nina G

Is Trader Joe's Cucumber Avocado Body Butter Gluten Free?

Rate this topic

I was given a jar of Trader Joe's Cucumber Avocado Body Butter. My hands are really dry from the winter cold and I thought of opening it and using it. But Trader Joe's doesn't list gluten or gluten free under its list of ingredients. Many of the ingredients are in latin I think. Here is the list: WATER (AQUA), GLYCERIN, BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA) BUTTER, OCTYLDODECYL OLIVATE, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, ISOPROPYL PALMITATE, CETYL ALCOHOL, GLYCERYL DISTEARATE, GLYCERYL MONOSTEARATE, PERSEA GRATISSIMA (AVOCADO) OIL, CUCUMIS SATIVUS (CUCUMBER) FRUIT EXTRACT, SIMMONDSIA CHINENSIS (JOJOBA) SEED OIL, GLYCINE SOJA (SOYBEAN) STEROLS, SODIUM HYALURONATE, VEGETABLE OIL, SODIUM CARBOXYMETHYL BETA-GLUCAN, ELAEIS GUINEENSIS (PALM) BUTTER, PUNICA GRANATUM FRUIT JUICE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, LACTIC ACID, SODIUM STEAROYL LACTYLATE, SODIUM LACTATE, CARNOSINE, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, STEARIC ACID, POTASSIUM STEARATE, CETEARETH-20, C10-30 ALKYL ACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, DISODIUM EDTA, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, PHENOXYETHANOL, LINALOOL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, HEXYL CINNAMAL, LIMONENE, FRAGRANCE.  Do you know if any of these ingredients are unsafe?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Wow, that is a lot of ingredients. Just at a glance I don't believe that any of them would contain gluten, but to be 100% sure you would want to contact the company directly.

https://www.traderjoes.com/digin/post/cucumber-avocado-body-butter

Scott Adams

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Founder Celiac.com