Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

• You've found your Celiac Tribe! Join our like-minded, private community and share your story, get encouragement and connect with others.

💬

• Sign In

Gluten free for over 12 years. Now celiac panel levels are up. I’m

Rate this topic

I have been doing ok for several years so I haven’t been on your site. Today my Drs office called to let me know my levels came back high on the celiac panel (see attached). Because of Covid we haven’t been eating out a lot but I have ordered take out thru Uber from Jersey Mikes and pizza from NY PD. I also have been eating a lot of ice cream. So I’m not sure if it could be from the dairy. Any ideas? 

9FF88228-0ADF-423C-9B77-29BB3C6C9846.png

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Recent studies have shown that most restaurant food contains traces of gluten, even if you order off of the "gluten-free" menu. Do you eat out very often, if so, this is the likely source of contamination. I take AN-PEP enzymes when I eat out (gliadinX which is a sponsor here), but in your case you may want to not eat out at all for a few months to get your diet under control.

If you don't eat out much then perhaps there is something in your diet, like oats, that you can't tolerate, or is not gluten-free?

Scott Adams

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Founder Celiac.com

1 hour ago, Scott Adams said:

Recent studies have shown that most restaurant food contains traces of gluten, even if you order off of the "gluten-free" menu. Do you eat out very often, if so, this is the likely source of contamination. I take AN-PEP enzymes when I eat out (gliadinX which is a sponsor here), but in your case you may want to not eat out at all for a few months to get your diet under control.

If you don't eat out much then perhaps there is something in your diet, like oats, that you can't tolerate, or is not gluten-free?

We’ve always eaten out at certain restaurants. My husband died recently and someone ordered us gluten-free Pizza. It was so good, I’ve been ordering it about once a week. I guess it was too good. Now I’m eating strictly from home and keeping a food diary. Hopefully everything will go back to normal.  

you can be almost certain its from your fast food