This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

"sick" All The Time?

Thankagirl

Thankagirl Rookie

I have been sick since christmas time. I am jumping from sinus infection to the bad stomach bug to respiratory gunky and back again.

I can't seem to feel better. I get one or 2 days every month of feeling ok.

I have been relatively gluten-free for 5 years. And this feels like the most sick year ever.

Does anyone else have this problem? I feel like I am going crazy.

Sarah

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

key Contributor

Sarah,

A few of us were just discussing this on the board and yes, some of us seem to be having this problem. I feel like I am dying of some disease!! I am sicker then my three boys that are under six years old. It is driving me nuts. I am not sure how to get my health back or what is going on. I am so sick of doctors. Number one reason, is that I don't even have the time to get to the doctor with three kids. If I have "further" testing, I don't ever have anyone to watch my kids.

This whole sickness thing has been really getting me down lately. My mom swears I am depressed and that is what is causing my physical problems. I think it is the other way around. I am depressed from being so sick all the time!!!! Plus struggling with IBS everyday, even on the gluten-free diet.

Sorry I don't have any answers for you. Just that I am going through the same thing right now.

Monica

Thankagirl Rookie

It is great to know others are going thru this. I have 2 young kids and yes I am sicker than they are. And my poor babies have been pretty sick this year. I get them to the doctor but to find the time & energy to get me to the doctor is just not happening. Why should I go when they have just told my kids they can't help them for the same thing I have. On top of it I have Jury Duty tomorrow! Ugh.

Does anyones bones feel nauseous? It sounds like the atoms in my bones are dancing. Is that weird? Everyone I have asked about this thinks I am nuts.

My theory is my bones are on overdrive to produce healthy blood and I feel it?

who knows.

Please share your situation and if anyone has a solution PLEASE post that too!

Sarah

bluejeangirl Contributor

This is the first year I've had bronchitis since the 80's. For close to 6 weeks now I've had the worse cough and is only now finally getting better. In the beginning though I couldn't sleep well I was coughing so much. Sometimes productive and other times a dry tickle, it was weird. The only thing different this year is we're running a space heater to heat the family room because of the high cost of heating a whole house. It's one of the tall tower type heaters. The other thing is being gluten free since Dec. So I don't know what it is, all I know is my ribs are sore.

aikiducky Apprentice

I think it could well be that this year there are just some nastier bugs around than usual. You know flu viruses are not the same from year to year. So hopefully next winter might be better again.

Pauliina

hadafish Newbie
I have been sick since christmas time. I am jumping from sinus infection to the bad stomach bug to respiratory gunky and back again.

I can't seem to feel better. I get one or 2 days every month of feeling ok.

I have been relatively gluten-free for 5 years. And this feels like the most sick year ever.

Does anyone else have this problem? I feel like I am going crazy.

Sarah

I too have had one upper respiratory infection after another since Christmas. This is the sickest I have been since going gluten-free about three years ago. I got the first bout on Dec 10 and hubby got it a few days later. He got over it in three weeks but mine hung around for five weeks. Then he got sick again one week later and a week after that I got it again. After being sick that time for six more weeks I had just started to feel better for a few days and pow I got the third bout. This one is the most fierce and started as bronchitis. I saw my doc who put me on antibiotics which did not seem to make any difference except now I have to try to get my intestines back in shape since I wiped out all the normal flora. This morning when I woke up I had a giant pain in an arthritic knee as if the "bug" decided to got there to raise more cane!. I am really tired of this and had started to be fearful about what is going on but at least I can see I am not the only one. Well, I will sure appreciate feeling better when I do. And I will sure enjoy the coming Spring. Jan

Moongirl Community Regular

It all sounds like the same story...I was Dx in Dec. got Bronchitis for the 2nd time in my life (first time was about 16 yrs ago) in Jan, and have been fighting a "super cold" Now i just got a sinus infection, which again i havent had in about 16 yrs. and im on an antibiotic now, feeling a little better, but u know the stomach, its acts up all the time. Im on a prilosec to cause i always feel like i have acid churning in my stomach, which i never had before, ever!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Archived