This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Online Recipe Sites

angel-jd1

angel-jd1 Community Regular

A post on cookbooks spurred my curiosity. What online recipe sites do you use? What are your favorites and why?

Here are a few of mine :)

-Jessica :rolleyes:

Open Original Shared Link

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Judyin Philly Enthusiast
A post on cookbooks spurred my curiosity. What online recipe sites do you use? What are your favorites and why?

Jessica

Are these gluten-free?

says 'peels' isn't in my area. Where do you live???

Judy in Philly

These are just recipe sites that I use to find recipes. I convert them if they are not gluten free. I'm not sure what you mean by "peels"???

Jessica

Are these gluten-free?

says 'peels' isn't in my area. Where do you live???

Judy in Philly

Judyin Philly Enthusiast
These are just recipe sites that I use to find recipes. I convert them if they are not gluten free. I'm not sure what you mean by "peels"???

found it on your first posted recipe site. It's a drink from fruit juice that had a neat recipe it's on the first page top right hand corner. Judy

I'm sure not EVERY recipe on those sites is gluten free, because they are just regular ol recipe sites. What I do is convert any ingredients to gluten free if I find a recipe that I like.

I was really just wanting other folks to post the recipe sites that they use. Hopefully they will :)

Carriefaith Enthusiast

Thanks for the links!

Thai Kitchen is one of favorites:

Cheri A Contributor

I like www.allrecipes.com I recently saw that you can search for gluten-free, but I haven't tried any of those yet.

I also have success w/the pizza crust, banana bread/muffins from www.savorypalate.com This one is Carol Fenster's so everything is wheat-free.

Have to think if I have any more...

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

penguin Community Regular

I go to a lot of the ones you do, and also simply recipes.

I use a lot of the recipes provided by manufacturers, so I go to their sites! :)

happygirl Collaborator

www.mccormick.com

www.foodtv.com

2Boys4Me Enthusiast

I like to go there and look at the pictures. I haven't tried anything yet, but some of the stuff looks goooood. It's probably a bit too exotic for a six year old, which is why I haven't tried anything, but I intend to try the brownies.

I like Allrecipes.com and then usually I just surf around looking. Sometimes the chicken marketing board, or Alberta Beef sites will have decent recipes. I'm not too interested in trying to convert recipes to gluten-free, so I look for recipes where I just have to find a different soy sauce or make my own teriyaki or worcestershire sauce, that type of thing.

TinkerbellSwt Collaborator

www.christinacooks.com

Carriefaith Enthusiast

I just got an e-mail from ConAgra Foods Canada Inc. yesterday, and they said that all of their VH sauces are gluten free except the teriyaki. They also said that they will clearly indicate wheat in their ingredient lists and to always check for changes in their ingredients.The recipes on the VH site look very good.

• 2 weeks later...
Green12 Enthusiast

I frequent recipezaar.com and the Food Network at foodtv.com.

Recipe Zaar makes it so easy to do a recipe search if I am looking for something specific (appetizer, dessert, something with chicken, etc.) And I love to watch the Food Network cooking shows and I go to their site to download the recipes that I see them make and want to try. Of course most of them I have to modify into gluten free.

I also will go to the websites of a product I like and sometimes they have a recipe section that incorporates their products, for example Pamela's at Open Original Shared Link .

corinne Apprentice

recipezaar is my favourite. Also like the bon appetit magazine recipe site for fancier stuff.

carriecraig Enthusiast

I use:

www.americastestkitchen.com

www.foodtv.com

www.allrecipes.com

www.bushbeans.com

www.thaikitchen.com

GlutenFreeGirlie Rookie

I like a lot of the sites listed- I find I do a lot of converting "bad" recipes to be gluten-free myself. I have found some great recipes at www.allrecipes.com and at www.bobsredmill.com. Some of the recipes in Carol Fenster's books are free on her website- www.savorypalate.com. This site has some good recipes too, Open Original Shared Link

Guest Robbin
:) I use a lot of the sites others listed and one sort of blog site called slashfood. It has great pictures and ideas. A little different than the others, but has some good stuff on it. www.slashfood.com :)

Archived