This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

What Lipstick Do You Use?

floridanative

floridanative Community Regular

So far two companies have told me they have some gluten-free lipsticks - Lumene and Neutrogena. I have 6 from Lumene and two from Nertrogena. I have to mix several together to get the color I want. I think Bare Essentials and Bare Minerals have some gluten-free lipsticks (but not all) but does anyone know of some other cheap (drugstore brands) that you found out were gluten free? My Mother told me today she'd neglected to get new lipstick after being gluten-free for a week. I know none of Lumenes colors are dark enough for her and she can find hardly Neutrogena ones in stock anywhere in her town.

If you don't know of cheap brands, then tell me about any department store brands that you know are gluten free. We need all the help we can get.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
VydorScope Proficient

Well to behonest, I just do with out. It much simpler :lol:

teankerbell Apprentice

I don't use lipstick everyday, but a couple times a week. I use Neutrogena.

Vincnet - you are sooooooooo funny! We are total girlie girls (okay at 42 and 63 I guess we can't pass for girls anymore) and proud of it so we unlike you mister....can not do without lipstick. Still looking for answers other than Lumene or Neutrogena if you don't mind.

jerseyangel Proficient

Sorry Tiffany--I use Neutrogena Lip Gloss. To tell you the truth, I don't know about any of the others except the Bare Escentuals. The lipstick situation is confusing to me, so I stick with what I know :blink:

mouse Enthusiast

I use Avon Ultra Color Rich Renewable Lipstick. They also have several others that are gluten-free.

Guest nini

I like Burt's Bee's lipcolors...

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jkmunchkin Rising Star

I use mostly MAC. I checked the colors I use and they are all fine. Sometimes I forget about the lipstick thing and I'll grab a new color I like and then realize I need to check it out. But so far I haven't had any problems with makeup.

key Contributor

Are most Mac lipsticks gluten free?? I have used Clinique, but am wondering if what i am using is gluten free. It is frustrating, because their are SO many names of lipsticks that it gets really confusing about even trying to figure it all out. I have really not warn any recently. I did buy some Burt's Bee's, but don't care for the colors I bought. It was a waste of my money.

Monica

penguin Community Regular

The RARE times I wear lipcolor of any kind, it's Clinique lip gloss (I checked).

...usually I just wear carmex. I do all of my other makeup, just not lips...

Thanks everyone....surely some others will post but if not, I'll give MAC a try and maybe BE too. I'll call about one shade of each of those lines and see if I prefer one brand over the other. I liked Revlon, through that all out when they told me they didn't know what was in their make-up and then I kept some Coverl Girl until P&G retards sent me that idiotic note asking me to have my doctor send a letter about each and every product and shade. Those P&G people must be embarrassed by that blanket CYA statement they throw at everyone. So far I've gotten rid or most everything I had in my house from P&G excpet my Tide free which is the only detergent I'm not irritated by. Money talks so maybe when their sales dip they'll start caring more about the of all the gluten-free consumers...after all, there's another one every day it seems.

What is carmex anyway ChelsE?

Claire Collaborator

I use Burt's Bees lip balm (colored) and also their lipstick. I find the lipstick dry but wuite long lasting. I usually put a little of the lipbalm on first and then the lipstick. I have dry skin so I use the lip balm a lot.

Claire

penguin Community Regular
What is carmex anyway ChelsE?

It's good ole fashioned lip balm, I like it because it's impossible to have chapped lips with it and it leaves a little shine...and it's cheap and gluten-free!

Open Original Shared Link

skinnyminny Enthusiast

what color MAC do you use I use a gloss and was just checking if it was gluten-free?

key Contributor

My husband and I love Carmex! It is the best.

Monica

bklyn Enthusiast

I was told by the Celiac Center in New York that Bobbie Brown lipsticks are gluten-free. That's what I've been using.

jkmunchkin Rising Star
what color MAC do you use I use a gloss and was just checking if it was gluten-free?

For liner I use either Stripdown or Spice. The lipstick I use is Xpose and then for gloss I use their Lipglass. I can't remember the name of the color but the rep on the phone said all lipglass is fine.

To be honest, I don't pay for most of my makeup, or if I do pay, it's very little. One of the perks of where I work. So far I haven't had any problems with anything, but I usually take stuff and then check it out.

I've said this before, but just so you ladies know, most of these brands are all manufactured by the same 2 companies. Ofcourse color blends and ingredients are specified to the name brand companies request but I don't know that there is really that much variation.

jenvan Collaborator

Note that MAC's amplified cream lipsticks have wheat in them, and their lip conditioner.

I used to use a host of brands, but now I only use Bare Escentuals. All their lipsticks (and makeup) are gluten-free and 'natural.' I like their lipstick--goes on smooth and is moisturizing. You can buy it on QVC or Sephora.

Well I had read somewhere about Loreal having some gluten-free lipsticks so I called them today. The woman was really really rude but told me that their Endless kissable, Endless 8-hour and Colour Riche Gold lipsticks are gluten free. She mentioned some glossed that have gluten but I have nutrogena glosses already so I ignored that part.

Sorry I forgot to say what the woman said was gluten-free for the Loreal l/s

colour riche gold (gold is not a color, just type)

moisturizin 8-hour

endless kissable l/s (think EK gloss has gluten)

Deej Newbie

I'm a professional communicator and I am absolutely outraged when I read that customer help folks are rude! I can't believe this. For us, our health is at stake if we use the wrong products.

My biggest frustration is products with no ingredient labels, which send me to the website, only to find glossy fancy ads and no ingredients. :(

Enough to drive you nuts. I thought the customer was always right.

Suzola Newbie

I have used Neutrogena lip boost lipstick for a couple of years with not problems

Guest BERNESES
Well to behonest, I just do with out. It much simpler :lol:

He's so silly. I've never had a problem with L'Oreal lipsticks or glosses.

But that's lame that the woman was so rude. Ii hate that!

Well I wanted to report that despite the one rude woman at L'Oreal, I called back and got a human. She cofirmed what the other rep. said but with the rudeness, I was worried I had not written everything down correctly. Walgreen's has the L'Oreal Colour Riche l/s on sale for $1 off this week. That made is $6.99 ea. so I got three tubes. I remembered when I saw it that I liked it from a while back when I tried it. Yea! finally a low price good lipstick that stays on!

flagbabyds Collaborator

I ue Clinique lipgloss like 50 times a day,

hey i'm 15!

But for shows, I used to just lick my lips a lot and make them chapped then put carmex on, so it would look like I was wearing lipstick, but would get away w/o it.

Guest BERNESES
I use Burt's Bees lip balm (colored) and also their lipstick. I find the lipstick dry but wuite long lasting. I usually put a little of the lipbalm on first and then the lipstick. I have dry skin so I use the lip balm a lot.

Claire

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Burt's Bees lip shimmers and they just came out with new colors. Gluten-free and they taste like peppermint!

Archived