Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

moonunit

Quote Of The Day

:ph34r:

AAACK!

Needed to see a therapist all in his head.

Million dollar person with no answers.

Beyond his expertise.

Can't keep doing tests just because another Doctor suggests it.

He was insulted that another Dr. from the emergency room suggested that my son be tested for Celiac due to them seeing him so much in the ER. for dehydration problems due too him throwing up so much. I felt like getting up and wacking him. I was ready to walk out of the office when he decided maybe he should contact the GI Dr. to get his point on the subject. They put there heads together and decided hey maybe we should test him for this. I'm not to impressed with the GI. either. "STUPID DOCTORS" I'm with everybody on this subject. What are we to do? Do research and doctor ouselves apparently!!!

I was diagnosed with DH by my dermatologist, but he just prescribed Dapsone and mentioned nothing about the relation to gluten or celiac. So when I researched it myself, I asked him why he never told me. He said,

1) "the gluten free diet is impossible to follow".

Later, when asking for a referral to a GI to see about celiac, he said he seriously doubted I had it because

2) "the main symptom of that is chronic diarrhea".

He was my dermatologist, how would he know if I had chronic diarrhea??? He finally agreed to give me the referral, but said it was probably a waste of time! (it wasn't)

Lisa

• Celiac.com Sponsors (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    AshokPrajapat
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A21):