This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Jaffe-mellor-technique For Treating Autoimmune Diseases

Janie

Janie Rookie

Hello all,

My family has been asking me to visit this particular Acupuncturist and Doctor of Traditional Chinese Medicine for treating Celiac disease. She uses a technique called the "Jaffe-Mellor-Technique". I was wondering if anyone out there has tried it, and what have been the results....

My family claims that this particular doctor says that they have cured someone with Celiac Disease (which I don't believe to be true or it's possible that they may have misunderstood her), but when I looked at her website (Open Original Shared Link), I believe that it's merely used to treat the SYMPTOMS and does not CURE anything. I know that there is no cure for celiac disease....

My brother recently went to visit her as he suffers from asthma and he claims that he is no longer having ANY breathing problems at all.. and doesn't have to take his puffers/medication any longer.

Anyway, for those who may not have heard of it, here is a brief cut & paste of what it is:

After years of study and clinical research, Jaffe and Mellor have found common factors that existed in all of their patients with arthritis and other autoimmune diseases.

* Presence of microorganisms they term External Pathogenic Factors (EPF).

* Temporarily or chronically stressed immune systems that allowed the EPF to take hold.

* The immune systems' continuous and increasingly severe attacks on all or local areas of the body where the EPF has lodged, eventually destroying healthy tissue.

Jaffe and Mellor then set about isolating what they call the energetic signatures of these EPFs, with the goal to rid the body of the EPFs thus to stop the immune system from attacking both the EPF and surrounding healthy tissue.

These energetic signatures (similar to homeopathy) contain the unique vibration of each EPF, and are contained in water-filled vials. They react in much the same way as electrical energy exists and can be conducted in a container of water.

Any thoughts....?

Thank you.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

CMCM Rising Star
Hello all,

My family has been asking me to visit this particular Acupuncturist and Doctor of Traditional Chinese Medicine for treating Celiac disease. She uses a technique called the "Jaffe-Mellor-Technique". I was wondering if anyone out there has tried it, and what have been the results....

My family claims that this particular doctor says that they have cured someone with Celiac Disease (which I don't believe to be true or it's possible that they may have misunderstood her), but when I looked at her website (Open Original Shared Link), I believe that it's merely used to treat the SYMPTOMS and does not CURE anything. I know that there is no cure for celiac disease....

My brother recently went to visit her as he suffers from asthma and he claims that he is no longer having ANY breathing problems at all.. and doesn't have to take his puffers/medication any longer.

Anyway, for those who may not have heard of it, here is a brief cut & paste of what it is:

After years of study and clinical research, Jaffe and Mellor have found common factors that existed in all of their patients with arthritis and other autoimmune diseases.

* Presence of microorganisms they term External Pathogenic Factors (EPF).

* Temporarily or chronically stressed immune systems that allowed the EPF to take hold.

* The immune systems' continuous and increasingly severe attacks on all or local areas of the body where the EPF has lodged, eventually destroying healthy tissue.

Jaffe and Mellor then set about isolating what they call the energetic signatures of these EPFs, with the goal to rid the body of the EPFs thus to stop the immune system from attacking both the EPF and surrounding healthy tissue.

These energetic signatures (similar to homeopathy) contain the unique vibration of each EPF, and are contained in water-filled vials. They react in much the same way as electrical energy exists and can be conducted in a container of water.

Any thoughts....?

Thank you.

Well, in my view this technique might address this immediate situation they mentioned of External Pathogenic Factors which can take hold if you have a compromised immune system such as might exist with celiac disease. And perhaps this technique could elimiante that part of things. HOWEVER....as I once saw celiac described, it is the ONE and ONLY autoimmune disease for which the external cause is known. (gluten). If you don't eat gluten, you remove the cause, and perhaps this technique could remove any residual effects of the EPF caused by the previous eating of gluten.

Therefore, I would doubt that this technique could or would change the basic fact of how a celiac reacts when eating gluten. Celiac disease is a genetic thing. It's a predisposition and a reaction occurs if the external cause (gluten) is eaten, and then the intestinal damage and autoimmune reaction is the result. I don't see how this procedure could change a genetic fact because it obviously wouldn't be changing the genes.

My impression about accupuncture has always been that it can be great for temporarily helping symptoms of underlying conditions. I don't think it is intended to be a cure in the sense that we want it to be.

As an aside, my son had hyperhydrosis (excessive sweating on his hands as a result of an overactive sympathetic nerve). Accupuncturists claimed accupuncture would cure it....we tried and it did not. Eventually he required a specific type of surgery to solve the problem.

Accupuncture can be great for certain things...I'm not dismissing it in the least....but don't let anyone tell you these treatments will "cure" celiac disease, because it won't.

Guest Zmom

Yes, Acupuncture is effective at treating Asthma but it is NOT a cure for Celiac's. It can help many symptoms that persist while on a gluten-free diet. In my expierence as a patient and practioner that it was not very effective while I was eating gluten. Acupuncture is great for so many things but it is NOT a cure for any autoimmune disease nor does it change genetics. I am forwarding that link to a few people. I do not think that is responsible medicine.

Guest Zmom

Checked out the site. What state are you in? I can probably find a good Acupuncturist for you in most U.S. states thru my school's directory. And I have a couple of Canadian friends too.

Archived