Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bluckii

Symptoms Worse After G/f For A While?

I was diagnosed w/ celiac disease in Dec. I went gluten-free for about two months...then I ate some regular pizza, I just had to taste it one last time. It's been 4 weeks maybe 5 since I ate those 3 pieces of pizza. I had crazy D and also somtimes after lunch I will get a nasty burning in my stomach and some acid reflux. I thought it was eggs because I stopped eating them for 4 days then ate one and had it. Then I had it again after eating parm cheese and I had it again today after eating pot, broccoli, cheese and chicken. Today it wasn't as bad, the other days i was curled up in a ball for like an hour.

My bowels are starting to go back to normal, I have bad days here and there. But I am still not normal. I also have hypothyroidism and my meds were just decreased about mo.s ago because my body was absorbing things better. But now I am starting to get symptoms of hypothryoid. PLUS, and this may be TMI, but I haven't gotten my period which is crazy, It's here the same time everytime like clockwork. I feel like I am going crazy.

So my question to you is...After you've been gluten free and you gluten yourself, can your symptoms be worse than before?

Thank you so much for all of your help.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Perhaps you should eliminate dairy from your diet for a while and see if you feel better. You mentioned cheese alot in your post. Hope you feel better soon.

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

So my question to you is...After you've been gluten free and you gluten yourself, can your symptoms be worse than before?

Thank you so much for all of your help.

I my experience, yes. I seem to be more sensitive to smaller amounts the longer I'm gluten-free. In addition to that, I have figured out that I have additional food intolerances. My advice to you right now would be to stick to naturaly gluten-free foods--go very easy on packaged foods and gluten-free breads. As you feel better, add in more variety a little at a time. That way, it will be much easier to identify what is causing you to have symptoms :)

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

For me it takes a very minute bit of gluten or cross contamination and my symptoms are considerably worse than before. Sometimes my mouth waters for pizza but all I have to do is remember the pain and I have no desire to suffer like that. I will just sit down and make myself a gluten-free pizza.

Rusla

Asthma-1969

wheat/ dairy allergies, lactose/casein intolerance-1980

Multiple food, environmental allergies

allergic to all antibiotics except sulpha

Rheumitoid arthritis,Migraine headaches,TMJ- 1975

fibromyalgia-1995

egg allergy-1997

msg allergy,gall bladder surgery-1972

Skin Biopsy positive DH-Dec.1 2005, confirmed celiac disease

gluten-free totally since Nov. 28, 2005

Hashimoto's Hypothyroidism- 2005

Pernicious Anemia 1999 (still anemic on and off.)

Osteoporosis Aug. 2006

Creative people need maids.