Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mrsnj91

Celiac Traveling Bear

I found this and thought I would share. I thought it was a great idea and even though it is based in NY, the bears travel all over the country. Just thought it might be something fun for the children (and the kids at heart) on here to look into...

http://www.westchesterceliacs.org/bears/bears.php

~Kimberly~

Mom to:

DELANEY (1yr) Currently in testing. On gluten free trial diet. Possible allergy/intollerance to gluten/wheat. Allergy to dust mites and boarderline to barely and delayed reaction to wheat. Reactions to oats but no allergy. Gluten free since Feb. 2006

MEGAN (8yr) Allergies to grass, pollen, trees and Oral Allergy Syndrome to carrots. Diagnosed with "reflux"

RYAN (13yr) Outgrown food allergies. Battles hayfever and allergies to animals and diagnosed with "reflux"

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

What a truly wonderful idea!

Rusla

Asthma-1969

wheat/ dairy allergies, lactose/casein intolerance-1980

Multiple food, environmental allergies

allergic to all antibiotics except sulpha

Rheumitoid arthritis,Migraine headaches,TMJ- 1975

fibromyalgia-1995

egg allergy-1997

msg allergy,gall bladder surgery-1972

Skin Biopsy positive DH-Dec.1 2005, confirmed celiac disease

gluten-free totally since Nov. 28, 2005

Hashimoto's Hypothyroidism- 2005

Pernicious Anemia 1999 (still anemic on and off.)

Osteoporosis Aug. 2006

Creative people need maids.

That is so neat. How exciting that would be for a child - to feel connections with other Celiac children. Hope you do this and can then report on it.

"Throw yourself a pity-party and you'll be the only guest." - Earlene Fowler

Diag. Celiac Disease by positive blood test 2/03/2004

Allergies - corn, soy, casein, egg whites and wheat

Morphia Scleroderma

Osteoarthritis

Hypothyroid and Hperthyroid

Essential Tremors

Asthma

Migraines

Fibromyalgia - diag. in 1978 when they called it Fibrositis

PAD Peripheral Artery Disease

Angina and Atrial Fibrillation

Gluten Ataxia

Vitiligo

Scoliosis of the spine (caused by malabsorption and it is horribly painful) This would be enough reason for someone to go gluten free.

Ocular Myastenia Gravis

We did this in Dec - my daughter loved it! The bear went everywhere with us for 3 days. He even did yoga with her and came with us to one of the GFRAP restaurants! After we sent the bear back I went to build-a-bear to buy the same one that visited her because she was so sad to see him go and wanted to keep him with her. It was a great experience and gave us the opportunity to educate the kids in her class (1st grade), as well as her teachers. I highly recommend it.

That is soooooo great!! I thikn this is such a wonderful idea!! Hopefully some more on here will join in!

~Kimberly~

Mom to:

DELANEY (1yr) Currently in testing. On gluten free trial diet. Possible allergy/intollerance to gluten/wheat. Allergy to dust mites and boarderline to barely and delayed reaction to wheat. Reactions to oats but no allergy. Gluten free since Feb. 2006

MEGAN (8yr) Allergies to grass, pollen, trees and Oral Allergy Syndrome to carrots. Diagnosed with "reflux"

RYAN (13yr) Outgrown food allergies. Battles hayfever and allergies to animals and diagnosed with "reflux"