This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

April 2006 Issue Of Canadian Living

Canadian Karen

Canadian Karen Community Regular

I bought the Canadian Living magazine that has "gluten-free recipes" on the cover (Yay!)

Anyway, here is a list of the recipes in there. If any of them sound tempting to you guys, let me know which one, and I will post it.....

Blueberry Almond Gluten Free Muffins

Too-Good-To-Be-Gluten-Free Brownies

Gluten Free Banana Bread

Chewy Crisp Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies

Herbed Gluten-Free Bread

Take care,

Karen

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

Blueberry Almond Gluten Free Muffins

Too-Good-To-Be-Gluten-Free Brownies

Gluten Free Banana Bread

Chewy Crisp Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies

Herbed Gluten-Free Bread

ALL SOUND GREAT--CAN YOU SEND OR DO YOU HAVE TO TYPE THEM ALL IN.

JUDY IN PHILLY

Type them. But for you, Dahlink! I would do anything for you! ;):rolleyes:

I will type them out tonight after all rugrats are snugly tucked into their beds!

Hugs!

Karen

2Boys4Me Enthusiast

Hey Karen, I got that issue a couple of weeks ago and wrote to the magazine. I said that I thought it was great that they were promoting Celiac and gluten-free recipes, but that I wished the article had focused less on the "classic" symptoms, mentioned some symptoms kids/adults might have: irritability, anemia, brain fog, etc. and told them to keep up the good work. I had to send it by snail mail though, the e-mail had a limit on words used.

I thought some of the ingredients were a bit out there. Like the bean flour made of some bean paste I've never heard of and I can't remember the name and I'm too lazy to walk to the kitchen to look it up. And almond flour...pricey! Give us recipes with cheaper ingredients, so when my 6 year old won't it them, I don't feel like I've wasted a ton of $$$.

I might write to Kraft Kitchens and encourage them to do some gluten-free recipes, too.

Open Original Shared Link

There's a link to three other gluten-free recipes from Canadian Living that AREN'T in the article in the April issue.

Hmm. Link won't work. Google Canadian Living and then in the recipe search type in GLUTEN. Not gluten free or else all the other dairy free, sugar free, whatever free recipes will come up. There was a butter tart bar, crepes and something else that I've forgotten in the last 2 minutes since I closed the website down.

I know! Adzuki beans. What the heck is that??? :huh:

I have already written to Kraft, but the more letters they receive the better! I just received my "What's Cooking" magazine from them today (it comes out 5 times a year and it is free!).

Go Here:

Open Original Shared Link

Karen

Fiddle-Faddle Community Regular

Adzuki beans are a red bean used often in Japanese cooking. I thnk they are sold dried, but I'm not sure--I'll ask DH when he gets home, but he's 3rd generation, doesn't cook, and is a true American glutenaholic, so he probably won't know.

All those recipes sound fantastic. I'm getting hungry just imagining them....

Rusla Enthusiast

I see cans of adzuki beans all the time. I just picked up the magazine and they have some of my favorite Cuban foods also that don't contain gluten.

Well for the article, I think they were truly just focasing on recipes rather than on the symptoms of the disease and the effects.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Claire Collaborator

All these sound good Karen. I will be watching for them. Claire

Archived