Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rusla

New York Fries

There are some "french fry" places in New York that specialize in fries but they are touted as "Belgian" and the fries are called "frites". I guess everyone wants to be eating the cuisine of some other place. If you're in Canada, you want New York food. If you're in New York, you want Belgian...

And speaking of frites, Pomme Frites on Second Avenue makes the best fries and they are -- as of this posting -- gluten free. They simply don't serve anything but whole-potato fries there so their fryers are truly dedicated. Plus the place is small enough so that you you're literally inches from the fryers so if someone, say, decided to deep fry a loaf of bread as a gag, you'd notice. It's not like a fast food place where evil stuff goes on in the back away from the customers' eyes.

And it's located in the East Village and it's open until 4:00am on weekends so it's become my new apres-drinking food. Finally! Something to replace that late nite slice of pizza!

I actually knew about this place and the whole Belgium thing. Wish I remembered it was there Saturday night/Sunday morning - lol!!!

Jillian

Positive Blood test and Biopsy

Inflamed stomach lining

Gluten free since July 6, 2005

Tarrytown, NY

"Sometimes being a b$tch is all a woman has to hold onto." - Dolores Claiborne

• Celiac.com Sponsors (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Sapphiresun