Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eve

Coping With celiac disease

I think I am doing this right, If not forgive me.

My Name is Eve and I am 27.. I found out 2 years ago about a sever Oat allergy and was never told about Gluten. 6 months ago when my mother tested positive for celiac disease. The rest fell into place.. Since then I have been trying to be gluten free...

I have been having issues with being a newbie.

Mostly it is a lack of support and understanding from all around. I am adjusting to a gluten free lifestyle. I am also in the 1 % of the population that is allergic to cow and chicken.. that means anything to do with them. Some days I think If I lived in a monastery in India I would bee fine... Just not here

Anyway. My issue is with support. I work and go to school and have huge issues with missing both. I have not lost alot of days to this particularly due to my Midwestern work ethic but.. some days I just can't do it. I have had issues with explaining to others that this process of becoming gluten free is just that .. a process.

I messed up and had wheat about 2 weeks ago and am still suffering .. does anyone else understand?? Some days I want to scream I am not a Hypochondriac! I just feel like crap because I somewhere ingested something that had wheat in it and I don't know where!!!! arg!!

Has anyone written up a letter explaining the trials and tribulations one must go thru just to be gluten free. I would love to give one to everyone I know. It is just so frustrating to go thru a list of symptoms and blah blah blah....

I don't want to discuss why and how I feel sick with everyone. But I don't want to be questioned on it every time either..

Any suggestions..

Maybe I just needed to rant...

Thanks

Eve

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hi Eve,

Welcome and I'm sorry that you are struggling through the gluten-free diet. I know exactly how you feel though. I've been on the diet almost 10 months now, and I had 2 slip-ups this weekend while at my parents house. I've felt like crap for a couple of days now. Fortunaltely, I know what the culprits are, so I won't be eating those again - but I am so frustrated with myself!

Feel free to rant at anytime - we're hear to listen.

Carrie

Blood test May 25, 2005

Positive diagnosis through Endoscopy June 13, 2005

gluten-free since then...

welcome, Eve!!!!!

I know how you feel.....I have my own rant posting ....... :blink:

I just try to keep positive. I come here to let it all out- feel free to do the same!

I think the letter is a good idea- it seems like so many people I have explained it to still just don't get it. If you gave out a letter with numbered points, when they asked you the same thing again, you could just say, "Refer to point 2a in the second paragragh.....!" :D:D:D

Lollie

tests inconclusive, diet conclusive January 2006

I don't want to discuss why and how I feel sick with everyone. But I don't want to be questioned on it every time either..

Any suggestions..

Maybe I just needed to rant...

Thanks

Eve

Yep, I understand this part. I get so tired of trying to explain to people why I am so sick. When I am glutened, I really don't want to talk about it, not to anyone! If someone does come up with a letter, please let me know. Maybe one of these wonderful, supportive, literate spouses that post on here sometimes would do this for us!

Dessa

The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you." Numbers 6:24-25