Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VydorScope

Dr Brothers, Jr. Nashville, Tn.

If you in Nashville and looking for an allergry/asthma doc, you must look this guy up! He is great. Let me tell you how today went as an exmaple...

We had an 845am appoint for my son to re-test for egg allergy (Easter is comming, I wanted to try one more time!), Dr Brothers says 80% of kids will out grow an Egg Allergy by age 5 , so we wanted to get him retested, even thoug its only been like 6 mos... hoping to get lucky. Son is 2.5 yrs old, so still will likly out grow ot.

Well we arrived around 9am (OPS!) and they were very nice about it, got our paperwork handled, and we were in room to wiat for the doc in less then 5 mins. Doc Borthers came in to talk to us, and after telling him we just realy wanted to test egg cuase Easter was comming, which he was very happy to do, I said to him" If you dont mind I have a question about me", and he said sure.

I told him that he had given me a scratch test and I had no reaction to any foods, but I had drunk a cup of milk and gotten sick and all that. And with out me bringing it up , he said "well we can do the blood test if you want" :o So I was like sure! (that was what I was planing to ask for...), and then I siad "Should I schedual that with the ppl out front?" and he said "No, we will just do it right now." :o I remind you, not only did I not have an aptment, but I was 15 mins late with my son for his.

So the did the egg test on my son, and it was funny cause every time they scratched him to put the goo on, he siad "Good job!" :lol: Sad news is he reacted to Egg Yolks, but not Egg Whites this time. I ask the doc if that means he can have food with Egg Whites only, and he was like "Are you realy going to trust they seperated the yolk 100%? I wouldnt" :( Could nto argue with that. But he is still confident that my son will out grow it. The fact that he only reacted to the yolk this time is a good sign since last time he reacted to both.

So they took 3 viles of blood form me to test Casien, Whey, Oat, Soy, Beef, Pork, and I forget what else. I asked him about a complete panel, and he siad that he did not like them because to often ppl come back with reactions to everything, and when orders the test seperatly he gets much more reliable results.

He also mention that I could be reacting to the addtives/presveritives in the proccessed meat, and there was no test for that expect the elimination diet.

So the results should be back mid to late next week, I am to call on thursday if I have not heard. Might gorge on dairy till the LOL

- Vincent -

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Woo Hoo! I was thinking of you last night. I made a choc. chip cookie mix from Cherrybrook Kitchens that I bought at Target. It was dairy, egg, and gluten free. They were a bit grainy, but great flavor. I've been 8 mos. without a choc. chip cookie :( , so they were heaven for me. Must confess.... had them for breakfast! :P

If you're looking for info on how to get started on the gluten-free diet, check out this List for Newly Diagnosed.

Self - Pain free since going gluten-free 9/05 (suffered from unexplained joint pain entire life), asthma improving, allergies improving, mysterious rash disappeared (probably DH)

Husband - Type 1 diabetic, Negative bloodwork

Son - Elevated IgA, Very high IgG, 2 negative biopsies - HLA DQ2 and DQ8 positive, Amazing dietary response since 1/06

Daughter - Congenital Heart Defect (2 surgeries), Reflux, choking issues, eczema, egg allergy - HLA DQ2 positive, Good dietary response (via me because of nursing) since 9/05

"All things happen for good for those who love God..." Romans 8:28

Wow! That's very impressive. I'm glad that you got the allergy tests done so quickly. Sounds like he is a great doctor.

Carrie Faith

Diagnosed with Celiac Disease in March 2004

Postitive tTg Blood Test, December 2003

Positive Biopsy, March 3, 2004

So happy you found a great Allergist--I did, too! Mine is actually treating my reflux as well as my allergy/breathing problems, because he said they go hand in hand. Who needs the cranky old GI anyway! And it's working!!! Hooray for the good ones :D

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev