Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LAUSTIN

gluten-free For 2 Years And Sick Again

I've been gluten-free for 2 years and was doing very good. My only flare up was when we evacuated for Katrina in Aug. That was understandable. But now I have been sick for 3 days and I don't know what's caused it. So far no diarrehea, but bloating big time and chills (no fever). I have developed a nasty NON itchy rash on my legs. that my Dr. just looked at and said dry skin! I have had numbness and tingling in my legs and arms for 2 years (diagnosed as nerve damage from celiac disease). I'm afraid these may be signs of diabetes. I've lost a lot of faith in doctors. Has anyone gone through something similar?

laustin

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Have you tried any new products or ate at any restaurants?

Carrie Faith

Diagnosed with Celiac Disease in March 2004

Postitive tTg Blood Test, December 2003

Positive Biopsy, March 3, 2004

Have you tried any new products or ate at any restaurants?

I have racked my brain. The only thing new is cottage cheese, which I was assured gluten-free. I stopped eating it 2 days ago. just in case. I was wondering (sounds crazy) if certain pollen could carry gluten. We are having a lot of willow seeds and stuff floating around. Thanks Carrie for responding

I have racked my brain. The only thing new is cottage cheese, which I was assured gluten-free. I stopped eating it 2 days ago. just in case. I was wondering (sounds crazy) if certain pollen could carry gluten. We are having a lot of willow seeds and stuff floating around. Thanks Carrie for responding

Guest nini

keep in mind that products that you've always used and know to be safe MAY all of a sudden change their ingredients and now contain gluten. So, I try to make it a habit to always read labels every single time, even if I've used the product a hundred times already. Just recently it was a brand of taquitos that I've eaten with no problems in the past, and was just getting ready to say "ok" when I remembere to read the label, sure enough, wheat was one of the ingredients... and it said "contains wheat ingredients" on the bottom... I can't remember what brand, but I've had them before with no probs at all after finding them on a gluten-free list somewhere.