Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Moongirl

Does Anyone Just Have Celiac Only?

Before discovering this website - I, too, would have never thought myself to be "lucky" to just have Celiac. Now, however, after reading many other's stories - I am lucky to have been diagnosed so early in life. I hope to avoid so many of the other life threatening troubles that can plague our unhealthy bodies.

I think my son only had Celiac. He used have an intolerance for dairy, but that seems to have gone away now that he's been gluten-free for a while. Hopefully he won't develop any problems since we caught it.

My daughter is a whole different story. We've yet to figure out all of her problems. Hopefully her problems will improve and she won't develop any more.

I'm sooooo thankful to have found the Celiac. It's so hard to watch your kids suffer. I'm praising God for the diagnosis! :)

i only wish I have just Celiac itself!! But like a lot of us in this post said, we went too long before being diagnosed. I have over 80 different problems that I didnt have before I got celiac and went gluten-free. and the list always seems to be growing!

maybe they should just come up with a cure for everything else, so we can finally all say we have just celiac :lol:

~lisa~

I wish... I have Fibro, chronic Fatique, discord lupus, 3 herniated disks in my neck, hypothyroid, gerd, Dyspepsia etc :blink:

I seem to only have Celiac... altho a year or so after diagnosis, my ANA blood level came back just high enough that my doc had me tested for Lupus. No symptoms or anything... just a tiny raised blood level that I get checked every year. Other than that... nothing but Celiac for me! (knocking on wood over here!!)

So far, it's only celiac for me also.... Thank God!!!

I was diagnosed when I was 21, sounds like that is fairly young?!

I was told I had Candidysis one year before my celiac disease test came back +. I suffer from allergies and Raynaud's as well. My iron levels came back very low a few days ago (when my celiac disease test came back +) and that is making me feel miserable. I hope I don't see anything else coming on though, I think my nerves have been affected some as well since I'm always very jumpy and stuff (very nervous about everything).

I have a question. Have some of you gotten worst after going Gluten free then? I thought the damage was reversable. Now I'm really scared. I don't want to feel even worst.

Carol :(

So far, it's only celiac for me also.... Thank God!!!

I was diagnosed when I was 21, sounds like that is fairly young?!

I was diagnosed at 21 also! I'm thankful it was at a fairly young age, and I think it was triggered only a couple of years before. At 21 I was old enough to take the diagnosis seriously, but young enough to (hopefully!) not have permanent damage.

- Lauren