This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Discovery Health Channel

francelajoie

francelajoie Explorer

I saw somewhere on the board that discovery health channel was airing their celiac episode on Sunday...anyone know what time?

Editting here...is it 9pm...the Lethal Diet??

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jenvan Collaborator

Hmmm...I'll ck our Tivo and see what it says...

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

THANKS FOR CK'N JEN. ANXIOUS TO HEAR. ARE YOU FELLING BETTER NOW???

JUDY

VydorScope Proficient

DHC — Mystery Diagnosis

Lethal Diet

Parents Ed and Jane try to figure out why their son, Alex, is so unsteady on his feet, and why he has recurring sinus infections. A 31-year-old woman begins gaining weight and complaining of oily skin, hair loss, body cramps, and irritable bowel syndrome.

Sounds like it! To bad I dont have cable...

jerseyangel Proficient

They will be airing "Like Mother Like Son" on April 9, at 1PM--this was the Celiac episode that has been on before. The "Lethal Diet" sounds good--I wonder if it will also involve Celiac?

VydorScope Proficient
They will be airing "Like Mother Like Son" on April 9, at 1PM--this was the Celiac episode that has been on before. The "Lethal Diet" sounds good--I wonder if it will also involve Celiac?

Was it good? I might phone around and find some one with a VCR to record it for me, lovet get some faily members to see it...

jerseyangel Proficient

It was ok--it was the story of a little boy, who would go into a trance-like state. The gluten was affecting him that way, and even though his mom is a Celiac, he was not tested for quite a while. Once off gluten, he thrived, and is fine today. His story is very atypical--I didn't even realize they were talking about Celiac at the beginning. On the same episode, there is a story of a woman who had a heart problem--her symptoms, and personal problems leading up to her diagnosis looked more like my Celiac experience! :blink:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

HI PATTY--IF YOU'VE CK'D THE 'RADMAN' THREAD OF SYMPTOMS..DIDN'T SOME PEOPLE TAKE ABOUT BEING (SPACED OUT AS KIDS)??? WONDER IF THIS WOULD BE GOOD FOR SOME OF THEM TO SEE.

THIS ONE ON SUNDAY NITE LOOKS LIKE IT MIGHT ADDRESS THE ISSUE OF celiac disease AND OBESITY???THAT WOULD BE GOOD FOR A CHANGE..I'LL TAPE IT IF VINCENT WANT'S ME TOO.

JUDY IN PHILLY

PATTI-MY PANSIES ARE SITTING IN THE RAIN WAITING TO BE PLANTED. :lol:

jerseyangel Proficient

Yea--it definately focuses on the neurologic symptom--although they do have doctors talking more about Celiac towards the end of the segment. I think it would be interesting for anyone here--each individual story is only 20 min. long--they did 3, if I remember correctly, on this episode. I plan on tivo-ing the "Fatal Diet" episode--it sounds good!

I know--no yard work today :D

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

did anyone watch it tonight?

I'm taping at 12:30 now and still not sure this is it???

well, with the camel hump, maybe cushings..?

another comercial..do i sound bored here :angry: ah well..took me 15 years to get dx'd so maybe this long show isn't too bad. :)

Yep, it's cushings, I was tested for that but during the 7 days 24/7 urine collection (fun to do at work) they LOST ONE OF THE JUGS, so said, heck with it...Interesting.

Have to see what my cordisol levels are Hummm???

Judy in Philly

Archived