• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Ronnie

Question About Old El Pasco?

Rate this topic

Were they totally corn? Did it have sauce with it? Did you use any other type of Sauce?

Were they totally corn? Did it have sauce with it? Did you use any other type of Sauce?

They were corn, but it had taco seasoning with it along with salsa! I used them both...

They were corn, but it had taco seasoning with it along with salsa! I used them both...

Good possibilities that the salsa or the seasoning had gluten in it, I would give them a call tomorrow and ask them. Make sure you ask them if they are made in a facility that produces wheat products.

are you newly diagnosed? if so, you might still be healing (and it could have been gluten free).

hope you feel better :)

Thank you so much, i still feel sick today! And it was at supper last night i ate them.

I was just diagnosed a month ago or so! Has anyone eaten this product without problems?

We use Old El Paso hard (corn) taco shells and the seasoning packet (powder, add water and ground beef) all the time. The company (Gen Mills?) said they always clearly label gluten as wheat, rye, oats, barley/malt. Were they soft tacos? If so, there's your answer. I don't think Old El Paso makes soft tortillas that aren't flour. Not sure about the salsa sauce, we use a different brand.

I use the Old El Paso hard taco shells. For salsa I prefer Pace, which is gluten-free. I make my own seasonings though instead of using packaged.

I use the hard shells but not the seasoning and salsa. I make my own that way I save myself any pain.