Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VydorScope

Need Birthday Cake Rescuing!

maybe it was something else you ate? (wishful thinking?!)

Cant be. Had bunless Hamburgers before it and it hit me before I ate anything after it.

Of course now I have a wonder in back of my mind if i am this senstive to diary... maybe my gluten challenges were contimanated by diary. Diary can cause all the same symptons from what I have read so far. BAH

Man, what a bummer! :angry:

I hope you are feeling better this morning, though it may take longer.

Of course now I have a wonder in back of my mind if i am this senstive to diary... maybe my gluten challenges were contimanated by diary. Diary can cause all the same symptons from what I have read so far. BAH

Do you really want to try another gluten challenge....?

Question: Are you milk reactions that simliar to your gluten reactions?? Mine are simliar, but milk does not give me the severe abdominal pain, and arthritis flare ups (for days) that gluten does. All else remains the same.......?

Do you really want to try another gluten challenge....?

Question: Are you milk reactions that simliar to your gluten reactions?? Mine are simliar, but milk does not give me the severe abdominal pain, and arthritis flare ups (for days) that gluten does. All else remains the same.......?

For now I am TRYING to be gluten-free and DF for long enough to get somewhat better. From there when I am not exploding in the toliet room and etc I can think about this clearer.... but prbly will try a gluten challange again. In the end, I have to be true to me, and I am a university trained statisticain and software engineer. To me testing is part of life. heh. I test stuff (hey, did not say I had english degree LOL) as a routine part of my job/life daily. My son has postive blood work/etc for celiac disease so I know he has it, but I have never had any test for ANYTHING come back postive. The triple gluten challange I did I thought was good, but at the time I was under the assumption that dairy was not a factor, and did not isloate it from the test. Since I did the gluten part of it with pizza, cake,etc (fun foods, if I was to get sick I was gonna enjoy it! hehe) dairy was defintly part of it. *sigh*

Symptons appear to be identical, cept in degree but htat could be due to the "trace amount".

SO SORRY about your B/Cake...booooooo Hissss :ph34r:

:( It's such a bummer trying to figure it out.

for me -it might have been the choco..maybe soy in the chips..? Remember my banana/choc chip/brownies that made me sick??? Tasted great but ...those didn't bother you hugh?

I don't know but for me--different from someone here, finding the dairy causes more for the join & muscle pain and aches and flu like symptoms and the gluten..explosive D cramps and chills and also flu like with m/joint aches too. But more j/m with dairy some lose stools.

Hang in there..hugs

judy

Heres the ingredients on the mix.

INGREDIENTS: Molasses and Honey; Brown Rice Flour, Natural Process Cocoa Powder, White Rice Flour, Organic Chocolate Chunks (Organic Natural Evaporated Cane Sugar, Organic Chocolate Liquor, Organic Cocoa Butter, GMO-free Soy Lecithin/emulsifier, Gluten-free Organic Vanilla. Chunks may contain traces of milk protein due to manufacturing equipment.); Tapioca Starch, Sweet Rice Flour, Potato Starch, Gluten-free Natural Flavor (contains corn derivative), Sea Salt, Xanthan Gum, Baking Soda.

Heres the ingredients on the mix.

INGREDIENTS: Molasses and Honey; Brown Rice Flour, Natural Process Cocoa Powder, White Rice Flour, Organic Chocolate Chunks (Organic Natural Evaporated Cane Sugar, Organic Chocolate Liquor, Organic Cocoa Butter, GMO-free Soy Lecithin/emulsifier, Gluten-free Organic Vanilla. Chunks may contain traces of milk protein due to manufacturing equipment.); Tapioca Starch, Sweet Rice Flour, Potato Starch, Gluten-free Natural Flavor (contains corn derivative), Sea Salt, Xanthan Gum, Baking Soda.

they say that allergic to soy but soy lecithin is ok...

cc=who the heck knows? so anxious to see what others say..i'm perplexed.. :ph34r::o

Judy

BITE YOUR TOUNGE! :o

You trying to give me a heart attack? :o:blink:

LOL :lol: Well, you could try a white cake, put in 2 little drops of milk and see if you have the same reaction. It would be a good test.

This is probably no help at all, but I get terrible cramping and D from tapioca flour (starch). I noticed it was in your ingred. list. Just throwing out another thought.... :blink:

Well, thanks, but comes back to the fact that I started down this road after I reacted to a cup of whole milk, even though I took Lactate wtih it it. So that rules out chololate and tapioca flour, unless they are jsut in addtion. :o

Since you're willing to bake from scratch next time, try the Wacky cake. It's somewhere on this site, and there's no egg, milk, or nuts. It's easy to make and tastes pretty good. I think it's a bit gritty with rice flour. I used a sorghum/corn flour mix the second time and it was better than with a rice mix.

Since you're willing to bake from scratch next time, try the Wacky cake. It's somewhere on this site, and there's no egg, milk, or nuts. It's easy to make and tastes pretty good. I think it's a bit gritty with rice flour. I used a sorghum/corn flour mix the second time and it was better than with a rice mix.

I liked that mix cause I could get everything i needed at Kroger for it, where as coooking from scratch requires a trip to Wild Oats for that one exotic flour that you HAVE to be out of everytime. We treck out there at most once a month cause its such a hike, and the place is a mob scence. But next time we are planning to head out I guess I will dig through the recipes and see what sounds tasty.

There another store not far from here that carries the Gluten Free Pantry line of mixes, I wonder if they have a dairy free one thats good.

I am almost positive that the GFP Cake and Cookie Mix is lactose free. It makes the best white cake--better than any "regular" cake I've ever had. I use it to make pineapple upside down cake that is yummy.

I am almost positive that the GFP Cake and Cookie Mix is lactose free. It makes the best white cake--better than any "regular" cake I've ever had. I use it to make pineapple upside down cake that is yummy.

Good, I will check if they have that one next time I am out there. :) thanks!